Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Information Source: Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Source: Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

Eye have heard African Americans criticize my useage of Websters dictionary, and dispute those words and word usage. Eye say show me the dictionary "you" have created, and if your words make sense for the purpose Eye need it, then Eye will buy "your" dictionary!!!!!

Eye have not been in contact with many African Americans who use Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. Eye use it to transpose English to Hebrew and Greek and to break words down from the King James version of the Bible. Eye know the bible is the "middle" of the book, and many words was taken from the Afrakans' Bible, which Eye don't have, and desire to have. Does anyone know where eye can buy that Bible?

Eye use phrases, from Buddhism, Twelve step programs and any other resource that help me to be the BEST Afrakan Woman Eye Am capable of being, so that Eye Am best equipped to work with my brothers and sisters through Redevelopment to practice the Seven Afrakan Principles of Unity and Daily Living.

Eye have chosen to believe in and choose to believe in and rely on my Creator/Creatress for Spiritual guidance to be the best human being (since Eye believe He/She created the human being in their likeness and image), Eye can possibly be, to the best of my ability. From that relationship, He/Her has imparted knowledge, insight, hindsight, and foresight to me, which Eye ask for, so that Eye can "check myself" rather than "wreck myself."

Eye don't discount any information source Eye Am led to use. Eye just choose the information Eye can use and store the rest that Eye may use in the future. The Spirituality inside of me helps me to "discern" what is right and what is "wrong," what to use and what not to use."

Eye learned: "Of myself Eye Am nothing." Admitting and acknowledging that "truth" keeps me humble. The more humble Eye Am, the more Strength Eye have. It is not Eye who elevates me, it is the praising of my Creator/Creatress that elevates me. When praises go up, benefits come down!!

However, Faith without works is dead.

Experience brings about Hope, and hope brings about Patience.

Eye have "my" EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Yadah ("thank" in Hebrew) humas ("you" in Hebrew) and Shalam ("peace, security, prosperity, happiness, etc." in Hebrew).

Love,
    Sis. Elder Shakaryah

Originally posted by Sis. Elder Shakaryah View Post
    Eye have heard African Americans criticize my useage of Websters dictionary, and dispute those words and word usage. Eye say show me the dictionary "you" have created, and if your words make sense for the purpose Eye need it, then Eye will buy "your" dictionary!!!!!

Eye have not been in contact with many African Americans who use Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. Eye use it to transpose English to Hebrew and Greek and to break words down from the King James version of the Bible. Eye know the bible is the "middle" of the book, and many words was taken from the Afrakans' Bible, which Eye don't have, and desire to have. Does anyone know where eye can buy that Bible?

Eye use phrases, from Buddhism, Twelve step programs and any other resource that help me to be the BEST Afrakan Woman Eye Am capable of being, so that Eye Am best equipped to work with my brothers and sisters through Redevelopment to practice the Seven Afrakan Principles of Unity and Daily Living.

Eye have chosen to believe in and choose to believe in and rely on my Creator/Creatress for Spiritual guidance to be the best human being (since Eye believe He/She created the human being in their likeness and image), Eye can possibly be, to the best of my ability. From that relationship, He/Her has imparted knowledge, insight, hindsight, and foresight to me, which Eye ask for, so that Eye can "check myself" rather than "wreck myself."

Eye don't discount any information source Eye Am led to use. Eye just choose the information Eye can use and store the rest that Eye may use in the future. The Spirituality inside of me helps me to "discern" what is right and what is "wrong," what to use and what not to use."

Eye learned: "Of myself Eye Am nothing." Admitting and acknowledging that "truth" keeps me humble. The more humble Eye Am, the more Strength Eye have. It is not Eye who elevates me, it is the praising of my Creator/Creatress that elevates me. When praises go up, benefits come down!!

However, Faith without works is dead.

Experience brings about Hope, and hope brings about Patience.

Eye have "my" EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Yadah ("thank" in Hebrew) humas ("you" in Hebrew) and Shalam ("peace, security, prosperity, happiness, etc." in Hebrew).

Love,
    Sis. Elder Shakaryah
    Deepest respect to you sister,

I 'm just browsing and this is my 2 cents about the matter.

I speak English and write in English. I respect so many of my people that CHOOSE to LEARN and use the hebrew and/or swahili language ( That seems to be a growing trend as well. ) in its entirety. However, When a language is used "in part" it loses it's "flavor" sort of.

Let me explain...... So much of the hebrew words have multiple meanings based on the tone and usage. Example: "Salaam" just means "peace" ( in english only based on usage ) depending on how you use the word the meaning changes and sometimes drastically in hebrew . Like: Mem Aramaic: ܫܠܡ ‎ Š-L-M Arabic: س ل م ‎ S-L-M Hebrew: שלם ‎ Š-L-M Maltese: S-L-M Is the triconsonantal root of many Semitic words ...

Does it mean "Peace" in each ?? Nope. ....See how confusing that can be ????? ........ As the Hebrew language has no vowels.

Please make no mistake , I know the english language promotes negative imagery when it comes to people of color. I also recognize that our people lost their language and are desperately seeking one. But In my humble opinion we have to either learn a new language in its entirety or stick to just english. When we use hebrew in part with isolated words it's an insult to the very ancestors that some folks choose to worship.

I'm just browsing and sharing my POV. Thanks for the space to share my POV, Sister Shakaryah, Respect as always

Comment

Working...
    X