Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

A 'gift' for you...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 'gift' for you...

These from a Brutha Elder that I hold in the highest of regards--and indisputedly an AFRAKAN Brutha Elder that is united in the thoughts and directions that Our People need to embrace. In the villiage spirit of 'each one reach one, each one teach one', I've offered up the efforts of this great Afrakan educator-- Mwalimu Baruti for consideration as He was presented to me--- for those who may not be familiar with his work....uncut. I'm positive that for those who appreciate Afrakan Wisdom & encouragement...this 'gift' will not disappoint....

"You cannot cross a river without getting wet."

Zulu (Afrikan) proverb

This has been a Revolutionary Daily Thought
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Revolu...yDailyThoughts

Visit our website at http://www.AkobenHouse.com

These from a Brutha Elder that I hold in the highest of regards--and indisputedly an AFRAKAN Brutha Elder that is united in the thoughts and directions that Our People need to embrace. In the villiage spirit of 'each one reach one, each one teach one', I've offered up the efforts of this great Afrakan educator-- Mwalimu Baruti for consideration as He was presented to me--- for those who may not be familiar with his work... uncut. I'm positive that for those who appreciate Afrakan Wisdom & encouragement... this 'gift' will not disappoint...
    Greeting my Brother I want to say you this posted in 2012 I want to apologize for just now getting the opportunity to read what you post I want to thank you for this Information I did not know anything about this Brother so I took the time to read his bio appreciate you Brother and I want to thank you for this post this was a good read.

Ase!!

Comment

Originally posted by roarin1 View Post
      In the villiage spirit of 'each one reach one, each one teach one's

Maybe I'm out of the loop but I don't hear this statement much anymore. It's almost like it's MIA. Again that could be because I'm out of the loop.

This is what we were built on. This will sustain us. This is what we need. Even if it's just teaching how to navigate the matrix and how not to end up selling your soul or your ass. Any knowledge will always be of benefit to an individual and thus us as a whole.

Yes we must think globally, but we must NOT lose the village concept. It's a global village now. The teachers must keep teaching.

We need to get back to the concept of "each one teach one" IMO. Because the each one teach one concept is based on one universal identity.

It's called PRIDE!

Comment

Mwalimu Baruti

"...in the contemporary criminal justice system...those responsible for arresting, fabricating evidence, and knowingly prosecuting and sentencing them are left untouched by the criminal justice system even after they are revealed for the lying, maliciously deceitful criminals that they are. With respect to the few cases where Afrikans are given a court ordered monetary compensation for their loss, the Afrikan community is still victimized. We continue to "finance our own destruction." When we get so excited over these "victories," we forget that the money used to pay this compensation comes out of our own pockets. When we jump around celebrating some individual Afrikan winning this or that very minor monetary award (considering the magnitude of the damage to our families and community, not to mention the considerable profits going to lawyers from (or politically and consumptively loyal to) other communities), we forget that the money for the awards almost exclusively comes from our local tax dollars.

They do not come out of the pay of those who committed the acts. They come out of the tax dollars of the residents who live in the community of those whom the acts were committed against. We are the ones who live in and provide the majority of the tax base in those metropolitan areas in which we are disproportionately violated. Therefore, the millions and millions of dollars paid out in more than justified lawsuits for violations others commit against us are paid by us. Like those who seek to turn the other cheek in order to model a suffering they believe will teach chronic racists to them, we are paying the penalty for being violated. We are being charged for the damages of those who legally abuse us out of our own pockets.

The individuals who commit these acts do not live in our community; they do not pay taxes in our community. Therefore, they do not suffer for their crimes. They commit these crimes against us and are rewarded for doing so. Here, crime truly does pay. The victim pays the criminal. When Afrikans are awarded money by the court for our losses, it in no way financially impacts the european community or those individuals who committed these acts of brutality. In fact, there is no evidence that these individuals are in any way negatively impacted. There is no evidence that they suffered from communal ostracization or by being unable to find jobs with similar or even greater economic rewards. A family rewards its members when they do well, when they serve and protect them from others they perceive as threats to their safety and sanity. So these criminals are applauded by their community with employment and income for their efforts to beat, torture, murder or otherwise keep us at bay. They continue to be honored as the hardworking, sincere, dedicated agents of white aggression that they are."

Mwalimu K. Bomani Baruti
        IWA: A Warrior's Character

This has been a Revolutionary Daily Thought
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Revolu...yDailyThoughts

Visit our website at http://www.AkobenHouse.com

Comment

Working...
        X