Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

Working Parents Can Home-school: Why and How Doctors and Attorneys Do It – Part 3

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Parents Can Home-school: Why and How Doctors and Attorneys Do It – Part 3

Click image for larger version

Name:	download11.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	8614

Today we will discuss the last set of reasons why doctors, lawyers, and professionals all over the country are choosing homeschooling over public school for their children. (You can read
    part one
    and
    part two
    as we
    13. The younger children in the family can learn from the older kids. They can sit and listen to the lessons that their older siblings are getting and can even try to do the worksheets that go along with the subject. Eventually this learning ability will pour over into other aspects of their lives.
    14. You can save money. Yes, sometimes someone is going to have to stay home and teach the kids which means that you cannot have a job, however you will save money on so many other things such as gas since you do not have to commute back and forth to schools, you can save money on school lunches, and you don’t have to pay for daycare.

15. You have the ability to teach your kids practical life skills that they will actually use such as cooking, cleaning, and balancing finances. Often times they do not get that in public schools.
    16. Despite the stereotypes home-school children actually socialize very well. They are less prone to bullying and teasing. There are co-ops where parents bring their home-school children to play together at a park or gym.
    17. You get to sleep! Many children are not getting enough sleep because they have to wake up hours before school even starts to get ready, eat breakfast, and get to the bus stop. If you want to start school at 8 at home, you really only need to get up half an hour early instead of at 6am.
    18. Finally one of the best parts of home-school is that you get to raise your children with your own values, not the values of those who work at the school or their classmates. You can teach them right and wrong in the way that you want to.While homeschooling is not for everyone, there are so many kids and parents that can benefit from it but may be unsure of how to go about it. If you are interested in homeschooling your child, do some research. Talk to other parents in the area who home-school and find out why they like it so much. Compare the benefits to the benefits that you see in public schooling. Only you know what is right for your family and it is worth it to explore other avenues!

By: Krystle Crossman

Working Parents

Maat Htp. I am a mother and I can understand why some parents are slow to practice home schooling. A lot are caught up in the rat race bill after bill and are unaware of the books available that offer options for every budget: time wise and money wise. Here are some books that I use; I believe I got them from reading "Awakening The Natural Genius Of Black Children" Amos Wilson. "raising brighter children, a program for busy parents" Sidney Ledson. He also has many others. Parents can also use the library to their advantages. Where there is a will there is a way. The universe always answers. We have to keep the knowledge that Our Children are Our future and it starts now.

Comment

Originally posted by fiery7000 View Post
      Maat Htp. I am a mother and I can understand why some parents are slow to practice home schooling. A lot are caught up in the rat race bill after bill and are unaware of the books available that offer options for every budget: .
      This is so true.

The universe always answers
      ALWAYS!!!!

We have to keep the knowledge that Our Children are Our future and it starts now.
      We need everyone to starting see it like this!

Thank you for posting the titles of the books you read. That would surely help someone looking for direction.

Comment

Just got a new book for the family! i feel Like I've won the loto with this one. "kindezi: the Kongo Art of Babysitting" Written by: k.kia bunseki fu-kiau and a.m lukondo wamba. Here is a quote: "Kindezi, the art of babysitting and the ndezi, the baby sitters, provide an extensive amount of services for both the society at large and the individual child, making for a cohesive unified community. Kindezi serves to provide an early education for African youths, therapy and a feeling of purpose for the aged, and liberation and independence for African women. In addition it develops the moral & intellectual character thus ensuring a strong foundation for each new generation." R.I.P. K. Kia Bunseki.

Comment

Working...
        X