Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

Black Children Should Be Home-schooled; Here’s Why

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Children Should Be Home-schooled; Here’s Why

Click image for larger version

Name:	Black-children-home-schooled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	8606Experts are stating that homeschooling for most Black children may be the best alternative to public schooling. While children of all racial backgrounds suffer from a plethora of problems as it relates to going to public schools, racism is a main reason why Black children benefit the most from being schooled at home. In a recent study conducted by Antonio Buehler, a homeschooling expert, he identified the top reasons why Black children will benefit from homeschooling more than any other ethnic group. Here they are:
    1. Politicians sacrifice the black community over and over again.
    The Black community continues to be worse off than other racial groups in America. Due to the flawed and deliberate destructive government policies, Blacks suffer from high incarceration and poverty rates.
    2. Public schools are still segregated.
    Black and Latino children schools are the worst in the country. A study showed that more than 50% of Black students drop out of high school which is disastrous because as adults, they usually find themselves in economic poverty or in prison.
    3. Public schools expect less from black students.
    It’s expected for Black children to have a low performance rate in schools compared to their White counterparts. The American dream usually does not apply to Black children and instead, they are constantly not treated equally in society which often affects them in the public school arena.

4. Private schools are not a solution.
    Most private schooling still have stereotypes against Black children. If a family is socioeconomically depressed they will go to private school through a scholarship or voucher program, and throwing a financially depressed child into a rich school often has its own problems.
    5. Homeschooling solves a huge number of educational problems for black kids.
    Homeschooling is quite beneficial when it comes to Black children. It allows them to develop their own individualistic ideals and gives them self-worth. Antonio Buehler states, “When they learn to read they can do so in a way that is relevant to them, and not in a way that is prescribed by bureaucrats and special interest lobbyists. When they learn math they don’t have to deal with a teacher who assumes the least of them. When they study history, Black children can learn about all the inspirational men and women who aren’t prioritized in the Euro-centric curriculum of public schools. Instead of being told how stupid they are or how little is expected of them, they can be free to develop their unique talents to the best of their abilities.”

By Yolanda Spivey

I wish home schooling was more available and easy to do. Man would that be so helpful in bringing our excellence up a couple of notches.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritual Evolution View Post
      I wish home schooling was more available and easy to do. Man would that be so helpful in bringing our excellence up a couple of notches.
      It is very available and easy to do. You just to have to apply yourself. Too many options are available and the politics are changing as we speak. Educating your children is not an option, it is the only way. I have heard all the arguments and its all an excuse. Even if the circumstances have your children in the public fool system, everything that they learn in school should come secondary to what they are taught in the home.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Jason View Post
        Even if the circumstances have your children in the public fool system, everything that they learn in school should come secondary to what they are taught in the home.

This is very true. It should be SOP anyway regardless what is going on in school.

May I ask a question. Do you have children and did you home school them?

Comment

This is very true. It should be SOP anyway regardless what is going on in school.

May I ask a question. Do you have children and did you home school them?
          Peace @Spiritual Evolution, I do have a 4yr daughter and we homeschool.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Jason View Post
            Peace @Spiritual Evolution, I do have a 4yr daughter and we homeschool.
            Great for you Baba. Maybe one day in chat you could give some insight to those who are interested. I'm quite sure a lot of people would like to know more about home schooling especially from someone who is actually doing it.
            Last edited by Spiritual Evolution; 01-19-2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Great for you Baba. Maybe one day in chat you could give some insight to those who are interested. I'm quite sure a lot of people would like to know more about home schooling especially from someone who is actually doing it.
              Yes Brother, sounds great. I am game.

Comment

Working...
              X