Announcement

Collapse

Mobile Messinger Chat!

ABIBIFAHODIE! Nubian family and to our newest members. Our mobile chat is back up and running if you would like to Communicate one on one you can.

The green image at the bottom right of the site for the mobile devices is what you looking for just tap the image.

Thanks to everyone support and patience.

Everyone have a peaceful and productive day!
See more
See less

THE PROCESS OF HEALING Part One

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • THE PROCESS OF HEALING Part One

    In having been on the internet for a minute and in recognizing the condition of our people all over the globe, there is one thing that tends to stand out above all things...and that is that "WE ARE A SICK PEOPLE"!! We have been infected with a cancer that has historic roots to them and has spread through the hearts, minds and souls of our people like a run away virus. This is a very painful reality for our people to admit and face...because to do so challenges the illusion of our manhood or womanhood.

    The truth of the matter is this. "It is impossible for our people to have been imposed upon the way that we were and presently are and think that "WE ARE OKAY"...THAT WE ARE EMOTIONALLY, MENTALLY AND SPIRITUALLY STABLE." We have been raped, beat upon, miseducated, culturally alienated and spiritually co-opted....but we're okay...we didn't get no bruises...we're okay. NO, No, No...we're not okay...not by a long shot. We have been through a 2500 year trauma and have yet to be healed or to be deprogrammed from it.

    What does this mean? It means that every so called African centered or black website is going to have to change the center or focus of their website to one of HEALING...because if they are not focused upon the healing of our people then they are clearly not working in the best interest of our people on several levels that are badly needed. Healing is going to mean that we will have to come to grips with and face realities that many of us have long been trying to ignore or pretend away as if it didn't happen and that we aren't victims of it.

    All of us are victims...ALL OF US! The greatest manifestation of the fact that we are a sick people is in our children which is being manifested in their own self destruction.
    I'm going to start this off easy because we are not all suffering from the same degree of illness but we are indeed all suffering.

    What is the process of healing and more importantly, healing from what?
    To even imply or speak of any kind of healing also implies that there must
    be some kind of sickness present that requires healing. The question
    therefore becomes, "are we a sick people in need of healing?" Do we have
    physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and perhaps historical wounds that
    require any form of healing? These are questions that we must honestly ask
    ourselves as a people collectively and individually. After reviewing our past
    and present reality as a people I have reached the very sound conclusion
    that "we are a damaged people in need of serious healing".

    Many of our people may not even consider that we are damaged people
    but we are. Our ancestors who were enslaved in America went through a
    400 year trauma that they were neither healed or deprogrammed from. As
    a result of that experience, they passed down to their children the trauma
    that they went through. Their children in turn passed it to theirs until we in
    this time frame learned many things from our own parents that had its
    origin in and from slavery. Let us take for example our diet or what we
    now call "soul food". The truth of the matter is that it was a diet that our
    people inherited from slavery in their own quest to survive and to feed
    their babies.

    The result of this so called "soul food diet" now has many of our people
    walking around with clogged arteries, high blood pressure, heart attacks
    and many other diseases...and all started from slavery. Because our people
    were stripped of their culture, names, language, history and reality of who
    they were, our people in slavery had no real image of "what a black man
    was or what a black woman really was." The only examples of so called
    manhood or womanhood that our people in slavery had was of the white
    man and woman. I want you to think about that for a minute as we begin
    to understand that our people could do no more than "imitate what they
    saw and experienced". Our people were not allowed to be black men or
    black women. They were not allowed to be responsible and to properly
    raise and be an example to their own children or to the woman that white
    people decided that they should mate with. They did not own any children
    any more than they owned themselves.

    The end result of this was that they as black people began to look at and
    have relationships with their women the same way that white men did with
    theirs. Suddenly "they was the man and she had to do as we said or else."
    This is not an African reality in terms of relationships. Suddenly they as
    men "had to be the provider and their manhood was judged by that in
    terms of their relationships with their women." This was never the African
    way where both parties understood and did what was needed to maintain a
    household or family.

    Those of our people who have read the "Willie Lynch Papers also called
    The Making of A Slave", understand how our people have been played and
    divided against each other. We understand how the old and the young were
    played...how the light skin and the dark skin were played as a means to
    keep us divided. We understand how the natural nature of the black
    woman was reversed so that she would raise her daughters different than
    she raised her sons. It is not a question of if those documents are real or
    not, the fact is that they reveal a reality amongst our people that is real as
    of today as it was during physical slavery.

    Dr. Joy Leary does an excellent job dealing with the issues of "post
    traumatic slave syndromes" whereby she reveals to us how and where we
    have incorporated issues in our lives that clearly go straight back to
    slavery. Because we are not aware of these issues we in turn take them into
    our relationships, how we raise our children and even how we perceive life
    to be. This in essence reveals that we are indeed a sick or damaged people
    who have never been healed as we carry baggage in our daily lives that
    began hundreds of years ago.

    Last edited by General Kenyatta; 07-18-2011, 06:39 PM.

  • #2
    Peace Brotha Keita,

    I fully agree with your synopsis and Dr Leary's evalution of our dire need for healing. I would humbly submit that the language and words that we use when we talk about our Afrikan selves adds to the 'sickness'. Yet conversely, it has potential to aide our healing.

    When an individual that looks like us and for whatever reason is 'upset' with another, the words that trip off some of our tongues are not directed to the individual. Black people this and black people that - condeming everyone 'black'.

    Words have power!

    In all my living days I have yet to hear a white person say "White people make me sick!!!" - or any other non-Afrikan for that matter. Take that one Afrikan who is 'upset' with another and then multiply it to wounded Afrikans globally. This global condemnation is sent out to a impartial Universe. The universe granting and manifesting exactly what was asked of it.

    A component in our healing process is to recognise this learned behaviour pattern and KNOW that we speak a hybrid language whose words have double and triple meanings. Those that enslaved us are fully aware of this fact and they are also aware of 'collective consciousness' - for when upset with one of their own they respond to the individual (Jack or Jill) and not the entire "race" (which again is their concept).

    As above so below
    And please forgive my intrusion - I'll let you get on with Part 2 :)

    Keep rising and transforming Afrikans
    Htp

    Comment


    • #3
      Outstand my bro

      Comment


      • #4
        Beautiful !!!!!!


        I look forward to reading the rest .

        Much Peace and to you my brother


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sekhmet View Post
          Peace Brotha Keita,

          I fully agree with your synopsis and Dr Leary's evalution of our dire need for healing. I would humbly submit that the language and words that we use when we talk about our Afrikan selves adds to the 'sickness'. Yet conversely, it has potential to aide our healing.

          When an individual that looks like us and for whatever reason is 'upset' with another, the words that trip off some of our tongues are not directed to the individual. Black people this and black people that - condeming everyone 'black'.

          Words have power!

          In all my living days I have yet to hear a white person say "White people make me sick!!!" - or any other non-Afrikan for that matter. Take that one Afrikan who is 'upset' with another and then multiply it to wounded Afrikans globally. This global condemnation is sent out to a impartial Universe. The universe granting and manifesting exactly what was asked of it.

          A component in our healing process is to recognise this learned behaviour pattern and KNOW that we speak a hybrid language whose words have double and triple meanings. Those that enslaved us are fully aware of this fact and they are also aware of 'collective consciousness' - for when upset with one of their own they respond to the individual (Jack or Jill) and not the entire "race" (which again is their concept).

          As above so below
          And please forgive my intrusion - I'll let you get on with Part 2 :)

          Keep rising and transforming Afrikans
          Htp
          Peace to you .................

          As I am reading, I ponder...................

          We know the "How's and why's " . What's the remedy ???

          Do our overall dysfuctional mental condition hender us from HEARING, EXCERCISING , rebuilding and Ultimately healing ???

          Acknowledgement is always the first step to inward change. The " blame game" just sooths and strokes us.

          look forward to reading the rest of the series.

          Much and peace to all !!!!


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by keita kenyatta View Post
            In having been on the internet for a minute and in recognizing the condition of our people all over the globe, there is one thing that tends to stand out above all things...and that is that "WE ARE A SICK PEOPLE"!! We have been infected with a cancer that has historic roots to them and has spread through the hearts, minds and souls of our people like a run away virus. This is a very painful reality for our people to admit and face...because to do so challenges the illusion of our manhood or womanhood.

            The truth of the matter is this. "It is impossible for our people to have been imposed upon the way that we were and presently are and think that "WE ARE OKAY"...THAT WE ARE EMOTIONALLY, MENTALLY AND SPIRITUALLY STABLE." We have been raped, beat upon, miseducated, culturally alienated and spiritually co-opted....but we're okay...we didn't get no bruises...we're okay. NO, No, No...we're not okay...not by a long shot. We have been through a 2500 year trauma and have yet to be healed or to be deprogrammed from it.

            What does this mean? It means that every so called African centered or black website is going to have to change the center or focus of their website to one of HEALING...because if they are not focused upon the healing of our people then they are clearly not working in the best interest of our people on several levels that are badly needed. Healing is going to mean that we will have to come to grips with and face realities that many of us have long been trying to ignore or pretend away as if it didn't happen and that we aren't victims of it.

            All of us are victims...ALL OF US! The greatest manifestation of the fact that we are a sick people is in our children which is being manifested in their own self destruction.
            I'm going to start this off easy because we are not all suffering from the same degree of illness but we are indeed all suffering.


            What is the process of healing and more importantly, healing from what?
            To even imply or speak of any kind of healing also implies that there must
            be some kind of sickness present that requires healing. The question
            therefore becomes, "are we a sick people in need of healing?" Do we have
            physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and perhaps historical wounds that
            require any form of healing? These are questions that we must honestly ask
            ourselves as a people collectively and individually. After reviewing our past
            and present reality as a people I have reached the very sound conclusion
            that "we are a damaged people in need of serious healing".

            Many of our people may not even consider that we are damaged people
            but we are. Our ancestors who were enslaved in America went through a
            400 year trauma that they were neither healed or deprogrammed from. As
            a result of that experience, they passed down to their children the trauma
            that they went through. Their children in turn passed it to theirs until we in
            this time frame learned many things from our own parents that had its
            origin in and from slavery. Let us take for example our diet or what we
            now call "soul food". The truth of the matter is that it was a diet that our
            people inherited from slavery in their own quest to survive and to feed
            their babies.

            The result of this so called "soul food diet" now has many of our people
            walking around with clogged arteries, high blood pressure, heart attacks
            and many other diseases...and all started from slavery. Because our people
            were stripped of their culture, names, language, history and reality of who
            they were, our people in slavery had no real image of "what a black man
            was or what a black woman really was." The only examples of so called
            manhood or womanhood that our people in slavery had was of the white
            man and woman. I want you to think about that for a minute as we begin
            to understand that our people could do no more than "imitate what they
            saw and experienced". Our people were not allowed to be black men or
            black women. They were not allowed to be responsible and to properly
            raise and be an example to their own children or to the woman that white
            people decided that they should mate with. They did not own any children
            any more than they owned themselves.

            The end result of this was that they as black people began to look at and
            have relationships with their women the same way that white men did with
            theirs. Suddenly "they was the man and she had to do as we said or else."
            This is not an African reality in terms of relationships. Suddenly they as
            men "had to be the provider and their manhood was judged by that in
            terms of their relationships with their women." This was never the African
            way where both parties understood and did what was needed to maintain a
            household or family.

            Those of our people who have read the "Willie Lynch Papers also called
            The Making of A Slave", understand how our people have been played and
            divided against each other. We understand how the old and the young were
            played...how the light skin and the dark skin were played as a means to
            keep us divided. We understand how the natural nature of the black
            woman was reversed so that she would raise her daughters different than
            she raised her sons. It is not a question of if those documents are real or
            not, the fact is that they reveal a reality amongst our people that is real as
            of today as it was during physical slavery.

            Dr. Joy Leary does an excellent job dealing with the issues of "post
            traumatic slave syndromes" whereby she reveals to us how and where we
            have incorporated issues in our lives that clearly go straight back to
            slavery. Because we are not aware of these issues we in turn take them into
            our relationships, how we raise our children and even how we perceive life
            to be. This in essence reveals that we are indeed a sick or damaged people
            who have never been healed as we carry baggage in our daily lives that
            began hundreds of years ago.
            On point and consistent with my findings as well. I have also developed a "program" to support our Healing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TTTC View Post
              On point and consistent with my findings as well. I have also developed a "program" to support our Healing.
              I periodcally read this insert from brother Kieta. And I patiently wait for more posting as he purpose an program, theory or solution towards the healing process.

              I am interested in reading, comprehending your program as well. Please share .............
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              I personally have a problem looking at myself as a victim. ( And others ) As the "label" is not constructive. I am an survivor not an victim. lol

              Ex- Somebody breaks into your house and robs you. You are a "victim" of that crime. The crime leaves you feeling unsafe in your own home. Certain measures can be in place so you can "feel" safe. Then you don't succumb to the person that robbed you. You are able to move on and then you are no longer a "victim" but an survivor. The power comes back to you not the person that robs you that controls a portion of your life, long after the robbery is over.

              Same thing applies to being a "victim" of slavery. ** smile**

              I agree with Brother Keita Post in it's entirely. However it's not limited to just "black" people.

              But to get to the root of the problem we have to define the terms that Brother Keita uses.

              Who are "Black people " ?? Define these "Black people" ?? Are these black people just those that was forced here from slavery ?? Is the skin color of a person makes them "black " ?? If mother Africa is the birth place of ALL man-kind, Isn't everybody an extension of that ??

              Here's my stance just so you can get a feel where I am coming from. ** smile**

              I am against everything and anything that stems out of Eurocentric culture practices. It's like following the baby race. Those that were on the planet the shortest period of time. It's like grown mature adults following their children instead of the other way around. Their behavior is wreckless and destructive to them and us. ( Take a look at the water, air, even the junk that's drifting in space etc )


              Point: We are not victims unless we want to remain victims. There are many steps that we, As individuals can take to move beyond and above the circumstances in which we were born in. The first step is and always will be to promote change within ourselves. The mirrior has to be examined. Then we have something of REAL value to pass on to our children rather then the dysfuction.

              Real talk

              Ask 100 young teenagers to name an great scientist, that contributed greatly to man-kind that lived in the 1500's ???
              Now ask the same 100 teenagers to name an famous scientist that contributed greatly to man-kind that lived in 1900's ?? More likely They won't be able to name any ................ But they can name an famous sports figure. What legency are we passing on ??

              Hmmmmmmmm What does that say ..............What DO we put stock in as it relates to us as a people ?? Now, Is that because of slavery CURRENTLY or US ???

              Like I said , We all have to deal with the effects of slavery. But We have so many more resources available now, That if we succumb to being an victim and passing on that label to our children and the mental chains that comes along with that, It's by our choosing. To rise above that and when we decided that we don't want to be a victim anymore. Protective measures we can put in place to re-educate, re-structure, and re-build family, mind , body, and soul. Then we can rise above those circumstances in which we were born in.

              In short we are trained to look at each other and see the dysfuction but that mirror is where we MUST start.

              I wish you well and look forward to your thoughts. Love and Peace





              Comment


              • #8
                the process of healing

                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I personally have a problem looking at myself as a victim. ( And others ) As the "label" is not constructive. I am an survivor not an victim. lol
                I first of all thank you for your response to this post as you may well be asking questions that others may have pondered also. The label may not be "constructive" as you well stated but it is never the less true. Is it possible to be a victim and a survivor? Yes it is. Whether your house was broken into or you were robbed...the laws of cause and effect must take place and for every cause there is an effect which can not be denied on any level. It is to the laws of cause and effect that I am speaking of which makes us all survivors and victims at the same time.

                Ex- Somebody breaks into your house and robs you. You are a "victim" of that crime. The crime leaves you feeling unsafe in your own home. Certain measures can be in place so you can "feel" safe. Then you don't succumb to the person that robbed you. You are able to move on and then you are no longer a "victim" but an survivor. The power comes back to you not the person that robs you that controls a portion of your life, long after the robbery is over.

                Your example was an excellent one and as you can see, "the cause had an effect". With the issue of what our ancestors have been through that was passed down from generation to generation consciously and subconsciously...that was reinforced systemically via the institutions of mis-education, white washed religions, the mis-justice system, media, social inequity, gender inequity, economics and his-story...it becomes impossible for our people not to be victims who have yet to be empowered, deprogrammed or healed from the realities that have not been addressed as of 2010. Just like our ancestors, we are still oppressed, suppressed and repressed. Unlike our ancestors, the masses of our people do not even recognize that we have the same enemy and have had this same enemy ever since 1650 b.c. It does not matter that they have called themselves Greeks, Persians, Romans or anything else. From a visual perspective they have all basically looked the same and have treated us the same simply based on skin color alone.


                I agree with Brother Keita Post in it's entirely. However it's not limited to just "black" people.
                I appreciate your perspective on this and would like to respond accordingly and possibly some what emotionally also, so please don't view me wrong. The idea that something is not limited to just black people doesn't mean squat to me. The lion has no concern for the zebra or the tiger, simply the lions. The ant kingdom which scientist declare to have a high degree of intelligence and organization are very much like the human kingdom. There are black ants, white ants, red ants and brown ants.The red ant cares not nor teaches or protects the brown ant, the white ant or black ants. The bottom line is that, until we as Black people are in a position to do for ourselves, to teach our own, to protect our own and to re-establish our own reality, our last concern or our last thought should be about any other group of people. Our count starts at 100 million in terms of those who have died....not 20 million, 5 million or anything else. When other groups begin speaking about us in the same light that you have and begin "reaching out to us" to aid or uplift our people....then and only then can I be considerate enough to consider them also. It is this exact kind of humanity that has us in the condition that we are in today. It has been one of our greatest strengths as a people that has equally been our weak point simply because we have extended it to those who would take it to be a weakness and who lacked the ability to extend that same humanity back to us.


                Who are "Black people " ?? Define these "Black people" ?? Are these black people just those that was forced here from slavery ?? Is the skin color of a person makes them "black " ?? If mother Africa is the birth place of ALL man-kind, Isn't everybody an extension of that ??
                The truth of the matter is that the entire planet is Afrakan based upon the facts. The reality or warped reality is that, "it does not matter what the truth may be." What matters is "how others view themselves in relationship to our people." If others view themselves as being something other than what the facts say that they are, then we become very foolish to try and regard them outside of how they view themselves and treat us based upon THEIR OWN SELF IMPOSED DEFINITION. In terms of "who is black"?...why do we have a question concerning who is black when our enemy has no problem at all defining who is or is not black?

                Point: We are not victims unless we want to remain victims. There are many steps that we, As individuals can take to move beyond and above the circumstances in which we were born in. The first step is and always will be to promote change within ourselves. The mirrior has to be examined. Then we have something of REAL value to pass on to our children rather then the dysfuction.
                The first step is to take control of our most precious commodity...our children. We can not take control of them unless we are their first teachers. We therefore have to establish our own schools and teach them based upon our own history and reality. The parents can not do this simply because the average parent does not know themselves to pass anything to their children.

                Ask 100 young teenagers to name an great scientist, that contributed greatly to man-kind that lived in the 1500's ???
                Now ask the same 100 teenagers to name an famous scientist that contributed greatly to man-kind that lived in 1900's ?? More likely They won't be able to name any ................ But they can name an famous sports figure. What legency are we passing on ??
                Slave history is the last history I would teach...simply because we did not start out as slaves and because it is a history of our people in oppression. Let us begin with our greatness and then bring them down the time line so that they get a very clear picture of the consistent attacks and the war that we are still engaging in. Only then can they and will they see what we were, what happened, what was taken, what we lost, what was destroyed and what the people looked like that did it.
                Last edited by General Kenyatta; 11-13-2010, 05:40 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by keita kenyatta View Post
                  yes yes yes yes
                  Great to see you brother, Keita !!! (((( Hugs ))))

                  Thanks so much for your informative response.

                  There is no ONE way or easy way for us to deal with our problems. But it's essential that we hear each other and implement many, many different avenues to make strides in progress amongst ourselves.

                  There's much value in our differences and that's a great start.

                  I wish you well brother , As the honor and pleasure was all mine. **smile**

                  Peace


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    http://www.signon.org/sign/reparatio...ce=c.fb...here is one of the Solutions ... Surely the time is now for us to Demand Reparations for the African slave Trade Descendants! One for All!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In adding to your post, before we as Afrakan Descendants can be healed, we must acknowledge to ourselves that we are sick. If we take the time out to look around us, read the newspapers, watch the t.v.,and pay attention to what is on the internet, we wil see how different we are treated by every nationality in the earth. Why not ask ourselves, "why are we treated like this?" Other nationalities have been enslaved, yet have brought themselves away from slavery. These nationalities new who they are and what their original culture is. Why has not the Afrakan done that or not doing that? Do we not care who we are? I believe healing for the Afrakan begins with Spirituality. Somewhere I had to realize I could not heal myself, and since I learned I AM a Hebrew and that Yah is my Creator that is where the real healing began. It has not been easy, and as a matter of fact my thoughts, feelings and actions worked against me. My view of me had to be changed. What was done to my ancestors during slavery had to be acknowledged and dealt with. I had to discover the real me. Through many tears and heartache I wanted to press on even if I had to die trying. Well I did not die, yet AM a better person for it. This culture is being exposed to me on many levels, and I have denounced being american. Sacrifice after sacrifice is daily, even if I have to walk alone with my Creator. I AM concerned about the condition of my people, the Afrakan Nation, who will not give themselves time to discover who they really are.The design to divide us to conquer us has worked, yet must come to an end, if we are to live, not just exist or to just survive. However survival is necessary before we are to live a happy, victorious life. Working against the odds is necessary to divorce ourselves from the brainwashing of this culture. EVERYTHING you have written is TRUE. We must be true to ourselves to heal. This very minute this culture is planning another enslavement for us, yet we don't know because we are not seeking spirituality from the Creator. Do we not believe we have a Creator? Do we not know that our Ancestors knew of the Creator, trusted the Creator and obeyed the Creator? They recognized the POWER of the Creator, which became one with them. Do we not know that every success of America came from our Ancestors? Do we not know that this culture became envious of the success of our Ancestors and put a plan together to override us years in advance? Do we not know that this culture studied us for years to find out what our weakness was as well as our strengths? Do we not know that this culture knows about our emotional handicaps and used/use that against us so that we can use the emotions against each other? Do we not know that this culture uses everthing to keep us from the knowledge of who we really are and that the power we have in us to bring us together and conquer ourselves and divorce ourselves from this culture? Do we not care about ourselves? When a person is sick they cannot really take care of themselves without support. We have learned everything we know from the sick, so we became sick. Even in the animal kingdom there is protocal and order. The human being has rules from nature, yet we disobey them because we don't know what those rules are. The goal and purpose for the human being was to be a family with rules to produce and be happy. When the Afrakan nation comes together by seeking healing from the Creator then this culture becomes frightened, because we are a force to be reckoned with. The whole earth is waiting for us to heal so that the earth can become stable again, and that will only happen when we realize, acknowledge that we are sick S.P.E.C.I.E.S. (Spiritually, Physically, Emotionally, Culturally, Intellectually, Economically and Socially). The POWER was given to the Afrakan to heal themselves, yet it is a choice. We as a sick people cannot go back to Afrika in that state. Afrika is a Spiritual continent and we must be prepared to divorce ourselves from all education and lifestyle from this culture. Afrika operates in the order of nature. America does not operate in the order of nature, only in the order of selfish gain to keep us enslaved. This is not the time to retaliate with the weapons of this culture. This is the time for healing so that we can united as a earthly family to take our rightful place upon and in the earth. That begins with healing from our past, one second, one minute, one hour, one day, one week, one month, one year and one decade at a time.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X