Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

Dramatic text of the feast of victory of horus over seth-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dramatic text of the feast of victory of horus over seth-

DRAMATIC TEXT OF THE FEAST OF VICTORY OF HORUS OVER SETH

part I, texts from the Prologue
    [inner side of the Girdle Wall of the Temple of Horus at Behdet: in the upper register, scenes related to the foundation of the Temple; in the middle register, scenes of the "Myth of Horus"; in the lower register, the Dramatic Representation of the rituals of the "Feast of the Victory of Horus over Seth"; the scene in front, at right, is the "Prologue"]

-Words of Thoth (represented by the Lector-Priest):
    "Long Live the Good, Beautiful, and Perfect God (the King), son of the Victorious Horus, excellent offspring of the Lord of Mesen (Tjaru-Sile, in the 14th nome of Lower Egypt), Brave Hunter, Mighty in the chase, the One of the First Lotus-Leaf, Horus the Fighter, the one able to seize the mooring-post in the water, Lord of Valour, Son of Ra, the King Ptolemaios may He live forever, Bed of Ptah!"

-Words of the King-Priest (the Priest representing the King):
    "Praise to Thee and a merry rattling of the sistrum to Thy barque, O Horus of Behdet, Great God, Lord of the Sky.
    I adore Thy name and the names of Thine Executioners Who are with Thee,
    I invoke Thy Harpooners,
    I bow down to Thy spears that are in the 'Emanations of Ra' (the Sacred Texts),
    I worship Thy harpoons."

-the Title of the Ceremony:
    Beginning of the bringing to pass of the Triumph of Horus over His enemies, when He rushed to slay His enemies, when He went forth to battle to annihilate Seth.
    Seth has been judged in the Tribunal of Ra, and Thoth says:

-Words of Thoth (represented by the Lector-Priest):
    "This is a beautiful and perfect day, O Horus, Lord of this Land, son of Isis the Lovable One, Winner of Triumph, Heir of Osiris, offspring of Osiris Onnophris Whose Word is Right and True, Whose power is great in every place of His!
    This is a beautiful and perfect day which is divided by its minutes!
    A beautiful and perfect day on this night which is divided by its hours!
    A beautiful and perfect day in this month which is divided by its fortnights!
    A beautiful and perfect day in this year which is divided by its months!
    A beautiful and perfect day in this eternity which is divided by its years!
    A beautiful and perfect day in this everlastingness!
    How it is pleasant when they (the divisions of Time) come to Thee every year!"

-Words of Horus (the King-Priest):
    "This is a beautiful and perfect day! I cast anew my harpoon! A beautiful and perfect day! My hands (holding the harpoon) have pierced His (Seth's) head!
    I cast the harpoon at the female-hippos in the water! I cast the harpoon at the Bull of the Marsh in the water!
    An harpoon-blade, a rope, a shaft being in my hands, the Youth.
    I cast my harpoon standing in the barque on the water.
    I hurl the harpoon with my right hand, I spin the rope with my left hand, as does a brave hunter!

-Words of Isis (represented by the Priestess and Singer):
    "The pregnant ones among the hippos will give no birth, not one of their heifers conceives when they heard the tearing noise of Thy spear and the hissing voice of Thy blade, like the thunder in the East of Heaven, like a drum in the hands of a child:
    Horus, seize him! Horus, seize him!"

Description of the scene:
    From right to left:
    -Horus wearing the Double Crown and holding an harpoon and the rope in His right hand, and the Ankh in the left;
    -Thoth wearing the Atef Crown with ram's horns, recites the "prologue" of the rituals from a papyrus
    -On the barque :
    Isis; behind Her is represented Horus-Khenty-Khety (Horus of Kem-Ur/Athribis, the capital of the X nome of Lower Egypt, the Athribite nome);
    Horus of Behdet (wearing the Double Crown), holding the rope in His left hand; with the harpoon in His right hand He spears the hippo/Seth;
    On the left, before the barque, the King (wearing the Triple Atef Crown), pierces the hippo/Seth with His harpoon.

DRAMATIC TEXT OF THE FEAST OF VICTORY OF HORUS OVER SETH- part I, texts from the Prologue [inner side of the Girdle Wall of the Temple of Horus at Behdet: in the upper register, scenes related to the foundation of the Temple; in the middle register, scenes of the "Myth of Horus"; in the lower register, the Dramatic Representation of the rituals of the "Feast of the Victory of Horus over Seth"; the scene in front, at right, is the "Prologue"] -Words of Thoth (represented by the Lector-Priest): "Long Live the Good, Beautiful, and Perfect God (the King), son of the Victorious Horus, excellent offspring of the Lord of Mesen (Tjaru-Sile, in the 14th nome of Lower Egypt), Brave Hunter, Mighty in the chase, the One of the First Lotus-Leaf, Horus the Fighter, the one able to seize the mooring-post in the water, Lord of Valour, Son of Ra, the King Ptolemaios may He live forever, Bed of Ptah!" -Words of the King-Priest (the Priest representing the King): "Praise to Thee and a merry rattling of the sistrum to Thy barque, O Horus of Behdet, Great God, Lord of the Sky. I adore Thy name and the names of Thine Executioners Who are with Thee, I invoke Thy Harpooners, I bow down to Thy spears that are in the 'Emanations of Ra' (the Sacred Texts), I worship Thy harpoons." -the Title of the Ceremony: Beginning of the bringing to pass of the Triumph of Horus over His enemies, when He rushed to slay His enemies, when He went forth to battle to annihilate Seth. Seth has been judged in the Tribunal of Ra, and Thoth says: -Words of Thoth (represented by the Lector-Priest): "This is a beautiful and perfect day, O Horus, Lord of this Land, son of Isis the Lovable One, Winner of Triumph, Heir of Osiris, offspring of Osiris Onnophris Whose Word is Right and True, Whose power is great in every place of His! This is a beautiful and perfect day which is divided by its minutes! A beautiful and perfect day on this night which is divided by its hours! A beautiful and perfect day in this month which is divided by its fortnights! A beautiful and perfect day in this year which is divided by its months! A beautiful and perfect day in this eternity which is divided by its years! A beautiful and perfect day in this everlastingness! How it is pleasant when they (the divisions of Time) come to Thee every year!" -Words of Horus (the King-Priest): "This is a beautiful and perfect day! I cast anew my harpoon! A beautiful and perfect day! My hands (holding the harpoon) have pierced His (Seth's) head! I cast the harpoon at the female-hippos in the water! I cast the harpoon at the Bull of the Marsh in the water! An harpoon-blade, a rope, a shaft being in my hands, the Youth. I cast my harpoon standing in the barque on the water. I hurl the harpoon with my right hand, I spin the rope with my left hand, as does a brave hunter! -Words of Isis (represented by the Priestess and Singer): "The pregnant ones among the hippos will give no birth, not one of their heifers conceives when they heard the tearing noise of Thy spear and the hissing voice of Thy blade, like the thunder in the East of Heaven, like a drum in the hands of a child: Horus, seize him! Horus, seize him!" Description of the scene: From right to left: -Horus wearing the Double Crown and holding an harpoon and the rope in His right hand, and the Ankh in the left; -Thoth wearing the Atef Crown with ram's horns, recites the "prologue" of the rituals from a papyrus -On the barque : Isis; behind Her is represented Horus-Khenty-Khety (Horus of Kem-Ur/Athribis, the capital of the X nome of Lower Egypt, the Athribite nome); Horus of Behdet (wearing the Double Crown), holding the rope in His left hand; with the harpoon in His right hand He spears the hippo/Seth; On the left, before the barque, the King (wearing the Triple Atef Crown), pierces
Working...
X