Announcement

Collapse

Mobile Messinger Chat!

ABIBIFAHODIE! Nubian family and to our newest members. Our mobile chat is back up and running if you would like to Communicate one on one you can.

The green image at the bottom right of the site for the mobile devices is what you looking for just tap the image.

Thanks to everyone support and patience.

Everyone have a peaceful and productive day!
See more
See less

Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act- The Foolishness Has Started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act- The Foolishness Has Started

As predicted, the new Georgia gun law that allows a licensed gun owner to carry guns into any public establishment, has had it's first (almost) deadly conflict. My concern is that even though the people involved were both White, I fear that we will see more armed conflict against African people. I do not expect all out shooting, but history tells us that when the economy is bad, those who are the numerical majority tend to blame those in the numerical minority. Mixed feeling of economic angst and uncertainty , with the free open carry of firearms, you have a recipe for disaster. What, if anything, can be done to protect innocent lives?

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/to...eads-to-arrest

Greetings of Peace, Brother Michael. I am grateful for your expression of thoughts here. This "Safe Carry Protection Act" is like the 'elephant in the room', seemingly poised for potential jump-off confrontations. I am inclined to believe that most Afri-Georgians are taking a "Shhhhh, let's wait-n-see" approach to this sirius powder keg. Pro-active discussions amongst Afrikans in commUNITIES like here at Afraka.com, Abibitumi kasa, etc. makes real good sense. Georgia hosts multitudes of Afrikan social, political, cultural events; organizers this year should establish a plan of action in case pre-meditated, meditated crap 'shoots off'.

My family, as well as others will be traveling to Georgia in a few weeks for the Liberated Minds Homeschool/Education Expo. We also have plans to spend time in a GA nature park. TODAY is a Great day for us to scrutinize OUR plans of action. To ignore the very real circumstances would be foolish. To acknowledge EVERYTHING that could/can go down is wise. With that type of awareness in the forefront of my mind, does that mean I should cancel plans- no, not at this time. But, attaining full awareness, a well-planned & communicated itinerary with contingency plans is what is absolutely needed.

I know people right now who won't travel to the city of Chicago, period, because of the frequent violence there. I just returned from there weeks ago (unharmed). With certain precautions- we were good to go. I also know people who won't touch foot on Afrikan soil due to fear and perceived immediate harm as a result of part reality and part propaganda. I say, instead of total avoidance- be 'trained", be informed, take precautions...and proceed to trek where you need to go. This is a vital lesson for our youth to know and follow-through on.

Looking forward to you all's feedback. It will, undoubtedly provide rich info for consideration and action. Meda ase (thank you) Family.

Comment

Greetings all,

I'm not familiar with US laws in general or this one in particular but I was of the impression that, generally in the US, people are allowed to have and use guns (though in public places those guns should be concealed under clothing, in bags, etc). My question is this - if people in the US can have and use guns what difference would removing the concealment requirement make (other than making it easier/quicker to discharge your weapon if its already on you and doesn't have to be withdrawn from its hiding place)? But if there is no restriction now on using guns aren't people free to shoot other people (albeit within the guidelines prescribed by law (except in the case of whites shooting blacks where there seems to be a 1 line guideline stating "there is no restriction, shoot at will.")

Comment

You are most welcome Ena. You are 100% correct concerning situational awareness, this would be our primary defense. As you go through the South and Southwest, we would just know that we will see more and more people doing open carry, so we would plan accordingly. I have posted videos on gun disarms because after the Travon trial, I realized that there would be more Zimmerman's out there who would like to turn back the clock 160 years. They refuse to get over their racism as it is a very addictive mental drug. With Open Carry laws starting to win out in certain states, combined with SYG laws, we may not have a choice but to learn how to deal with gun threats.

Comment

Originally posted by Akua Maat View Post
          Greetings all,

I'm not familiar with US laws in general or this one in particular but I was of the impression that, generally in the US, people are allowed to have and use guns (though in public places those guns should be concealed under clothing, in bags, etc). My question is this - if people in the US can have and use guns what difference would removing the concealment requirement make (other than making it easier/quicker to discharge your weapon if its already on you and doesn't have to be withdrawn from its hiding place)? But if there is no restriction now on using guns aren't people free to shoot other people (albeit within the guidelines prescribed by law (except in the case of whites shooting blacks where there seems to be a 1 line guideline stating "there is no restriction, shoot at will.")
          You're right, there is no difference in terms of the mechanics of being able to discharge a sidearm faster. The issue for me is more of a sociological and political problem with Open Carry. I could go into a long drawn out explanation, but I will make it short and succinct. Guns represent power over life and death. When the numerical majority of this country create laws that allow those in that group to carry semi-automatic weapons, it reinforces their irrational and childlike feeling of superiority. Remember, the only reason they were able to keep people in chains was because the numerical majority had guns, period. Open Carry is nothing but a loosely veiled reminder that White people are still in control in spite of an African-American man being the figurehead of power in the United States.

Comment

Meda ase for the clarity nana.

Comment

Brother Michael- Meda ase (thank you) for your response. As our Nana Kwame Ture would say, "Organize Organize Organize", I would add, particularly regarding this topic- 'Train Train Train'. I'm SO GRATEFUL for my experiences in D.C. many years ago. I still rely on that foundational skill-building, spiritual and intellectual development which assists me today. Indianapolis lacks trainers with the type of skills, moral character, and consciousness level as I witnessed on the East Coast. I am very grateful for the multitude of useful videos that you have posted. Multiple ones are applicable to this current topic of the Open Carry Law, in regards to 'awareness-building', 'disarmament' combat-training, etc. I had to cut myself off from loading up another one to watch this morning so that I could resume my morning personal tasks. For these videos to be effective, I must make time to do several things: show some to my daughter, practice with her and, help her (and myself) apply some of the acquired knowledge at her weekly martial arts class. As for myself, I sincerely NEED to return to the firing range and get some practice in.
              Bro Michael- Keep AGITATING within this so-called Comfort Matrix Zone. You are appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X