Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mental Slavery | The Real Unbreakable Chains

WORSE THAN PHYSICAL CHAINS

Throughout history many nations have suffered a physical defeat, but that has never marked the end of a nation. But when a nation has become the victim of a psychological defeat, then that marks the end of a nation

Mental slavery is a state of mind where discerning between liberation and enslavement is twisted. Where one becomes trapped by misinformation about self and the world. So someone can claim to be conscious,

Crisis & Preparedness info & List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisis & Preparedness info & List

Never thought about it.
    6.25%
    Couldn't afford it even if I wanted to.
    0.00%
    Not that serious!
    0.00%
    Actively preparing as best as possible.
    75.00%
    Need more links to resources.
    12.50%
    First time I heard about this.
    6.25%

Brother Amenseph this is a very important question for all of us fortunate for me and some of my family we where taught bye the Honorable Elijah Muhammad about survival kits this was very important for usI truly appreciate this Post brother

Respect and Peace.
    Black People must become financially independent from white people before they can be truly free!!

Comment

My Brothers and Sisters this is a post that we need to take time and read because we never know when the time may come when we need to prepare for the rough time when the white people decide to cut us off from the natural resources we use so let's try to put some of this together just in case so let's not be too comfortable with our conditions.

Respect and Peace
      Black People must become financially independent from white people before they can be truly free!!

Comment

A little while back I was having a conversation with a brotha and he asked the question

"If you had to make a move tomorrow, through any unexpected event, are you and your family in readiness to make such a impomptu move?"

I had to answer truthfully NO. And I suspect many of us would answer the same.

He suggests that if every member of your family has a backpack full of survival necessities in readiness for such an unexpected event, then you and yours could pick it up in a nano second and make your move. This made perfect sense. There would be no 'panic' to find this or that as it had already been packed and stored.

Perhaps its something that we all should consider .....:Baldeagle:

Htp
        I am because we are. We are because I AM

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq View Post
          My Brothers and Sisters this is a post that we need to take time and read because we never know when the time may come when we need to prepare for the rough time when the white people decide to cut us off from the natural resources we use so let's try to put some of this together just in case so let's not be too comfortable with our conditions.

Respect and Peace
          I must agree. I have been thinking about this for awhile, but was unsure how to proceed. I think another good skill would be learning how to read a terrain map, so we would know how to navigate the land better. Where I live, there are back roads all over the place. The guys I work with who grew up here would know them. A transplant from the `burbs like me have no clue about those roads. If things turned negative here, those guys would just head for the hills, but our folks may have a problem.

Comment

Topographic Map Reading Lesson

Comment

What an extensive, timely list; plenty of items I had not even thought of...till now. With the Ebola (global situation) and the looming 'Water Wars', a sirius reminder is ALWAYS needed. Must maintain stock.
              Dua!

Comment

Let's take another look at a simpler approach. This approach would put you in the practice of thinking and preparing yourself on a daily bases.

Have you heard of EDC or better known as "Every Day Carry"? --- EDC is the most basic items that you carry around with you, every day you leave your home (and I don't mean American Express). These items are the types that you would want in case of an emergency -- immediate preparedness.

This is an important step in self and environmental awareness or self defense or simply being prepared. What you consider to be your EDC items reflects your level of awareness or concern.

Before I list out possible items to consider, what are the basic EDC items that you are already carrying?After some of your responses I will post some Pics and more info for some things to consider.

Comment

Very interesting that there are no responses to this but that is fine.
                  When one begins to consider 'Crisis Preparedness & Readiness' the consideration in itself can be very vague, intimidating and full of uncertainties...

This is what allows Every Day Carry to become an important practice; habit; a microcosm of the bigger picture and involvement that ultimately becomes part of your Crisis Preparedness & Readiness.

Everyday Carry, or EDC, generally refers to small items or gadgets worn, carried, or made available in pockets, holsters, or bags on a daily basis to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies. In a broader sense, it is a lifestyle, discipline, or philosophy of preparedness.

Every Day Carry also becomes what is valuable to your particular situation, surroundings and environment that you place yourself in. What that also means is that everybody's EDC will not be the same, but may encompass some of the same basic items. Mama's with babies and watoto that move around a lot will need to prepare different from a Baba going out to work or business, the youth and/or young adult - and/or a family that are also on the go. Different from you the individual that are on the road on a regular basis? maybe or maybe not. You may even be
                  a home based individual but that does't mean you suddenly become exempt from EDC . We'll get into that also in further discussions...

Lets take a look a a few examples of some small - immediate - on the person types of EDC and then lets criticize and/or check the similarities: Which one identities you, or which one do you see more as a reality for yourself and then why? What may you add or take away from the example you identify with the most and why?

Lets begin

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Lets see if this will help further some discussion and planning among ourselves.

Comment

EDC Items

I agree that we need these tools available to us at any given moment. I do have some of those ready, but I have to get the rest together. The one tool that I have found useful is a good knife for emergencies. This is the one that I keep with me. Click image for larger version

Name:	Karambit.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	8336. It's called a karambit. It's great for gutting through thick materials like seat belt fabric. :blackicon_soldier_g

Comment

Greetings all,
                      I've read most of the thread and will respond. You can appreciate that this isn't the type of thread one can give 2 seconds of thought and respond quickly to so I will respond as soon as I've taken the time to really consider the info, my location and needs and watched the video. Definitely some valuable info here. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

If I had to pick one one item from each picture I would choose:

Pic 1 - rope

Pic 2 - sanitizer

Pic 3 - flashlight

Pic 4 - water

Pic 5 - key chain set

Pic 6 - gun

* i couldn't make out what some items are so i may have chosen differently had i known what they are. having said that, the above are the one thing from each picture i would want to have.

Comment

Great response Bro Michael

I agree that we need these tools available to us at any given moment.
                          Having, or even considering some of these items are vital but are also determined by the type of situations that we place our selves in or even consider.

I do have some of those ready, but I have to get the rest together.
                          Most of us at any given time have some of these items, and should also consider some of the many other items and possibilities that may be the difference between survival and being prepared rather than just a bunch of filled up pockets with a bunch of unnecessary things...

The one tool that I have found useful is a good knife for emergencies. This is the one that I keep with me. Click image for larger version.

Name: Karambit.JPG
                          Views: 0
                          Size: 53.8 KB
                          ID: 1105. It's called a karambit. It's great for gutting through thick materials like seat belt fabric.

This is definitely a good tool to have as you have mentioned and is highly reliable. A serious type of knife to be considered amongst others.
                          One of the questions that some of the readers may ponder on is if this is legal to carry around (each state has similar but different laws regarding this - check yours appropriately), or is it one of those type of tools you just got to have as part of your EDC and take the chances of having it on your person.

I would definitely put having a reliable knife as a part of anybody's EDC. It is one of those must have type of tools for emergency, survival, protection and more...
                          Out of all the possible things you can consider, a knife may be one of those must have items, it can be looked at as the choice to make if it was the only choice you had to have as in time of emergency, survival, protection...

I also say it like that because when truly considering one's EDC items they should be the type of items that any individual should consider to be life saving or life preserving as well as one that the individual is capable of using for those needs.

Comment

Greetings Sis Akua

I like the approach that you have taken with your response, as your combination can be quite beneficial. Especially after looking at the many combinations.

this isn't the type of thread one can give 2 seconds of thought and respond quickly to so I will respond as soon as I've taken the time to really consider the info, my location and needs
                            Most definitely one's location, needs and preparation with the tools of choice are very important, it can be a matter of life or death.

If I had to pick one one item from each picture I would choose:

Pic 1 - rope

Pic 2 - sanitizer

Pic 3 - flashlight

Pic 4 - water

Pic 5 - key chain set

Pic 6 - gun

Interesting selection and one that points directly to the considerations of Protection/Safety.

I personally like your combination and would continue to build on that as time and opportunity makes it possible.

You mentioned
                            the above are the one thing from each picture i would want to have.
                            If these are items that you don't already have or use as part of your own EDC, then begin with what is the most important and most accessible for you have and carry. EDC Is, and becomes a habit and things that you rely on. Fit them into what you have already said, location and needs.

Comment

Thanks brother.

The one thing I won't be able to EDC is the gun :) but will make it a habit to have the others on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X