Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

Self Defense In An Increasingly Hostile Land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Defense In An Increasingly Hostile Land

Greetings,

Over the past few years, we have seen a rise in the increase of mass shootings by individuals with obvious evil intent. We must learn to be sensitive to our environment and be able to detect and get out of the way of an active shooter situation. I must say this, this includes renegade cops as well who see us as threats for just breathing. We have to be able to mitigate and navigate these situations. I may re-post older videos, but given the state we are in we need to revisit and apply the principals that the videos or articles touch on. I will not post "ratchet" videos with mindless people acting stupid. But I will post videos that show how a real fight may go, and to show what NOT to do. I will post videos of police encounters and discuss how to deal with those situations and how to get home safe to your family.

Peace and Blessings,

Michael

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Greetings,

Over the past few years, we have seen a rise in the increase of mass shootings by individuals with obvious evil intent. We must learn to be sensitive to out environment and be able to detect and get out of the way of an active shooter situation. I must say this, this includes renegade cops as well who see us as threats for just breathing. We have to be able to mitigate and navigate these situations. I may re-post older videos, but given the state we are in we need to revisit and apply the principals that the videos or articles touch on. I will not post "ratchet" videos with mindless people acting stupid. But I will post videos that show how a real fight may go, and to show what NOT to do. I will post videos of police encounters and discuss how to deal with those situations and how to get home safe to your family.

Peace and Blessings,

Michael
    Anything you can offer Mike will be great.

I know that lady in chicago wish she'd never opened the door for the cops who shot her down, while responding to a call that had nothing to do with her.

If you can avoid police at all costs.
    Last edited by Spiritual Evolution; 12-26-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritual Evolution View Post
      Anything you can offer Mike will be great.

I know that lady in chicago wish she'd never opened the door for the cops who shot her down, while responding to a call that had nothing to do with her.

If you can avoid police at all costs.
      Right. Avoiding police at all costs is your very first line of defense. I know may feel like that is being cowardly and "coonish", but the tactical reality is that the cops hold all the cards. What I mean is that the state has empowered them to use deadly force, and as you already know, they do so liberally. So first step is to look around you, but do it discreetly and not is a "suspicious" manner i.e. quick, jerky movements that make you like you are nervous or up to no good. Using peripheral vision is key, and smooth head movements. If you see police, DO NOT react, i.e. do not run or act scared. The second you do, that is like putting blood in the water near a school of sharks. So try and see them before they see you. Let me give an example.

A couple of months ago, I was outside practicing my Kali routine with my two sticks. I used my environment and put myself in a position where the police couldn't see me from the street, through the hallway and out into the back park area. Our parking lot also has one exit/entrance. When I practiced, I was always making sure i could see any car come in. One time, I caught a police car coming into the lot. I saw them with my peripheral vision. They turned down the long way, and I just simply gathered my sticks and moved into the hallway to my door. I did this in a very smooth manner so as not to look like I was running from something. If I had to, I would have left my sicks in the shadows on my neighbor's porch and just when in, then retrieve my sticks later.

Now although it may not be illegal to have sticks, but to some cops, a Black man holding them is like us having a Howitzer canon in our possession. Why take the chance? Why have the encounter to begin with and have it possibly escalate into something that makes the news cycle, and makes you a statistic...and a memory?

Comment

When there was a active shooter event and my place of work almost eight years ago, I had no idea of what i would have done if I had been in that building. I probably would have been one of his victims.

Here a a video showing a simulated active shooter event. Please understand this is a "general" idea, and not to be used as the be all and end all solution for surviving an event, but it should give a general overview of these types of situations.

Comment

Escaping An Active Shooter Situation

Jim Wanger has done some great videos on dealing with personal self defense in an emergency situation. Given the number is shootings we are seeing, it's better to know a little and possibly go home to your family, as opposed to knowing nothing an you become an ancestor that day.

Comment

Working...
          X