Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mental Slavery | The Real Unbreakable Chains

WORSE THAN PHYSICAL CHAINS

Throughout history many nations have suffered a physical defeat, but that has never marked the end of a nation. But when a nation has become the victim of a psychological defeat, then that marks the end of a nation

Mental slavery is a state of mind where discerning between liberation and enslavement is twisted. Where one becomes trapped by misinformation about self and the world. So someone can claim to be conscious,

Why We Should Teach About the FBI’s War on the Civil Rights Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why We Should Teach About the FBI’s War on the Civil Rights Movement

Click image for larger version

Name:	cointelpro_banner-650x369.png
Views:	20
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	16618a group of peace activists broke into an FBI office in Media, Pennsylvania, and stole every document they could find.

Keith Forsyth, one of the people who broke in, explained on Democracy Now!:

I was spending as much time as I could with organizing against the war, but I had become very frustrated with legal protest. The war was escalating and not de-escalating. And I think what really pushed me over the edge was, shortly after the invasion of Cambodia, there were four students killed at Kent State1971(Film) | Zinn Education Project: Teaching People's HistoryOregonianBlack Lives Matter: Oregon Justice Department Searched Social Media Hashtags Oregonian(Pearson).

For U.S. history teachers investigating Black activism of the 1950s and 1960s, one district textbook is American OdysseyFBI Letter to Martin Luther King Jr. | Zinn Education Project: Teaching People's HistoryAmerican OdysseyAmerican Odyssey is not alone in its omission. American Journey (Pearson), another textbook used in my school, similarly makes no mention of the program.

The only textbook in my district to mention COINTELPRO is America: A Concise History anyoneallBlack Panthers, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, the Congress of Racial Equality, and others; they reveal an attempt to blackmail Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.Eyes on the PrizeAmerican OdysseyBy Ursula Wolfe-Rocca
Working...
X