• Show
Clear All

• Amanirenas of Kush

Click image for larger version

Name:	amanirenas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	8845

Amanirenas was a Kandake (Queen Mother) who ruled between 40 b.c and 10 b.c. She ruled at a time when the Romans were conquering and colonizing much of the known (to the Romans) world.

In 24 b.c Roman emperor Augustus Caesar demanded taxes from Kush. By paying the taxes Kush would have accepted Rome as its colonizer.
    Kandake Amanirenas responded by leading her army of 30,000 warriors into Kemet (which was controlled by the romans at that time). She and her warriors fought the supposedly invincible army of the romans for three full years before the Kusites were driven back into Kush.

Amanirenas was a true leader; she led from the front and fought side-by-side with her warriors. She became blind after she was wounded by a roman fighter in a battle but that did not stop her!

Her army defeated three different roman cohorts and destroyed a number of roman forts across the southern part of Kemet. In addition, to insult the romans, Amanirenas had many statues of Caesar either defaced or destroyed.

Even though the romans were able to eventually push the Kushites back into Kush they (the romans) signed a peace treaty with the Kushites that was favorable to the Kushites, granting them land and exemption from all future taxation, clearly showing who won the war.

Originally posted by Akua Maat View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1440[/ATTACH]

Amanirenas was a Kandake (Queen Mother) who ruled between 40 b.c and 10 b.c.
    Thank you for this great post Sister.

What year was it in Kush when this happened? I know they had to be another calendar. Do you or anyone know of one or have one? Thanks.
    Last edited by Spiritual Evolution; 06-14-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Excellent question bro. I honestly don't know. Everything I've come across gives dates from the roman calendar. Thanks for bringing the question to light. Now to find the answer...

Comment

The Gregorian calendar is not too much different from the Egyptian calendar so I would assume they were using the same calandar we currently use now, with minor altercations. We know for sure that the calandar we use today is very similar if not direct to the one used in Kemet. The calendar, as I know it, was established off of the annual rising of Sirius (Sepat).

Comment

Originally posted by Sahu Khepera View Post
          The Gregorian calendar is not too much different from the Egyptian calendar so I would assume they were using the same calandar we currently use now, with minor altercations. We know for sure that the calandar we use today is very similar if not direct to the one used in Kemet. The calendar, as I know it, was established off of the annual rising of Sirius (Sepat).
          A calendar that starts a new year in the dead of winter? Ok I'm learning here Brother Sahu I will look into the rising of sirius (sepat). Thanks for your input Brother

Comment

Originally posted by Akua Maat View Post
            Excellent question bro. I honestly don't know. Everything I've come across gives dates from the roman calendar. Thanks for bringing the question to light. Now to find the answer...
            Yea roman calender smh

Comment

I found this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_calendar

Even this has roman influence even though i feel it makes more sense than a new year on jan 1.

According to Roman writer Censorinus, the Egyptian New Year's Day fell on July 20 in the Julian Calendar in 139 CE, which was a heliacal rising of Sirius in Egypt.
              July 20 makes a lot more sense to me. Even then I doubt it was referred to as "july" because the word july is roman. now i have to see if there are names of what we call months and days in something other than the "roman calendar".

Click image for larger version

Name:	EasyCapture1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	8349

This one even has the greek calendar smh. I know wikipedia is not the premiere in africanstory.
              I have to do a more extensive search.
              Last edited by Spiritual Evolution; 06-23-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Sister Akua I apologize for misdirecting your great thread. I know the extent of our greatness as your thread illustrates i was just questioning the "timeline/lyin"

Comment

Ahh this is great! Thanks for sharing Spiritual Evolution. Would to know how the Old and Middle Kingdom months correlate to the roman months we now use. Is the 1 - 12 order they have it in synonymous with Jan - Dec? Not surprised they have the Greek months... they will always have themselves as a reference point (which, in this case, would help us know how to convert back to our original system and move forward... without them :>). Please share anything else you find and I give you thanks for bringing this important aspect of our reAfrikanization to the fore! Someday we WILL be able to present information on our greatness without one iota of european time or cultural reference!

Comment

Working...
                  X