Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

Understanding The Evolution of African Leadership: Part One

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding The Evolution of African Leadership: Part One

I want to start this from the beginning...a time when time did not exist. For those who seek a clear definition of what the word "TIME" is, let me lay it out like this. Time is a creation of man/woman. Although the universe may have had its own cycles or movements that had its own rhythms, time still did not exist. Time is indeed a creation of man/woman. Therefore the correct definition of time is this: "Time is man/womans measurement of nature and his/her own activities".

The reason why this post has the title that it has is because we must understand that "nothing ever stays the same" and in general we all adapt who and how we are according to our environment. Back before time existed it is historically and culturally clear that the "Woman was the head honcho". In other words, there were no other people here but ours and our role as men was simply to protect her and our families from natures natural threats which were basically the animals.

Because she was the first teacher, the creator of time itself, the first herbalist, the teacher of language, a tiller of the soil or cultivator, it is clear that it was she who created what we all know as "culture". All human life came through her so it was she who was honored, protected and upheld as the center of life that she is. At that point in time there was no concept of what we now know as God or as the Creator. It simply did not exist for us as a people. It was only when we had time to look out in the universe and see the creations of the sun and the heavens that we began to understand that "there must be something greater than she was".

When we did look at the earth and the universe, what we saw was the feminine principle everywhere bringing forth life. We saw things dying and being reborn. We saw things coming out of what appeared to be nothing. At that point in time we as men did not even know that our sexual union with our woman was something that would aid in life nine months down the line. Therefore the woman was seen and respected as being a "Goddess" or as the smaller representative of the larger energy that we still saw as being feminine in nature.

This is not a religious or spiritual writing. I'm simply laying out the natural evolution of African Leadership and how it came to be what it is and the change it would undergo to the present time. Mind you...there is of course no linguistic reality as God, Elohim, Allah, Jehovah or anything else because those languages or people did not exist yet. What did exist was what our people called the "NTR" or "Neter". More on that later.

This time frame that I'm speaking of is a time frame before the "physical land mass we call Kemet even existed". Our people in Anu or what we now call Ethiopia have history of the time when the area we call Kemet was nothing but water. In Anu there was an internal cultural conflict amongst our people taking place. We as men seeing ourselves as being physically stronger than the woman and as being the protector and warriors that we were, felt as if "we should be the ones in leadership".

To Be Continued....

Ma'at Hetepu

This is something that must be "Overstood" by our people if we are ever to reclaim or true nature. Part 1 is outstanding, eagerly awaiting Part 2.

Comment

As Salaamu Alaikum:

This is the beginning of a very profound thread, but before I venture further, from where do you get your information of man's beginnings before time was conceptualized. Is there a written history of his thought processes that you can direct me to? What proof is there that SHE created culture, was the first teacher, and etc. How can it be proven historically, if there is no written or oral history. No one who was there than, is here now. So where did you get this information. I am not doubting you, but I am taught to question everything, and I take nothing at face value. We see evidence of the female or feminine life principle being worshipped, but we can also find evidence of statutes, animals and even rats and snakes being worshipped, and also the male as being worshipped. But all of that evidence is verified after the beginning of time being conceptualized. Before that, there is no evidence, historically. orally or culturally of what took place or which gender were the head honchoes. History shows that in some cultures, women were the head honchoes, while in other cultures, men were the head honchoes, but that history is known only after time had been conceptualized, and man began to record changes and events orally or in writing. And I do not confine this evidence as spiritual or religious concepts, which also came after time was conceptualized.
      Last edited by Abdur-Rahim Khalil; 04-16-2010, 11:02 PM. Reason: spellings

Comment

Originally posted by Nasheed View Post
        This is something that must be "Overstood" by our people if we are ever to reclaim or true nature. Part 1 is outstanding, eagerly awaiting Part 2.
        Well..................... Ok, Please, explain Brother Kietas statement to me.

"Time" existed before man existed. Man didn't create time just learned how to measure time.

Brother Kieta said : This time frame that I'm speaking of is a time frame before the "physical land mass we call Kemet even existed". Our people in Anu or what we now call Ethiopia have history of the time when the area we call Kemet was nothing but water. In Anu there was an internal cultural conflict amongst our people taking place. We as men seeing ourselves as being physically stronger than the woman and as being the protector and warriors that we were, felt as if "we should be the ones in leadership".

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-b....pl?read=55043

THE ANNU came from Ethiopia which is true, but How could there not have been a river Nile without land mass on both sides ?? At that time of the Annu people in that region of Africa, the River Nile may have changed its course but not of the whole Northern Region of the Nile ?? When was it an entire floodplain at a time when man existed ??

Osiris was the Father of Tilling the soil and cultivating it in Kemetic teachings, and was he not an Herbalist also, and it was not Ptah (the logos teacher of Language ) thru man? If we are going by Kememtic Teachings on this site, would this not be more accurate to it's teachings ? If not who's teaching ?? Where does this concept come from ?? And please go in length to explain this concept farther ?? It simply don't make sense to me. I ask you because you seem to comprehend this and I want too.

Brother Kieta said :
        “The common ancestor of the Annu settled along the Nile was Ani or An, a name determined by the word (khet) and which, dating from the earliest versions of the ‘Book of the Dead’ (4100 BCE) onwards, is given to the god Osiris. . . . The identity of the god An with Osiris has been demonstrated by Pleyte; we should indeed, recall that Osiris is also surnamed by the Anu: ‘Osiris Ani’ The god Anu is represented alternatively by the symbol and the symbol . Are the Aunak tribes now inhabiting the upper Nile (in Ethiopia) related to the ancient Annu? Future research will provide the answer to this question.”

--Cheikh Anta Diop, Origin of The Ancient Egyptians, 1981

“These Anu [Ethiopians] were agricultural people, raising cattle on a large scale along the Nile, shutting themselves up in walled cities for defensive purposes. To this people we can attribute without fear of error, the most ancient Egyptian books, The Book of The Dead and the Text of the Pyramids, consequently all the myths of religious teachings. I would add almost all the philospohical systems then known and still called Egyptian. They evidently knew the crafts necessary for any civilization and were familiar with the tools those trades required. They knew how to use metals . . . They made the earliest attempts at writing, for the whole Egyptian tradition attributes this art to Thoth, the great Hermes, an Anu like Osiris, who is called Onian in chapter fifteen of The Book of the Dead and in the Texts of the Pyramids. Certainly the people already knew the principal arts; it left proof of this in the architecture of the tombs at Abydos, especially the tomb of Osiris, and in those sepulchres objects have been found bearing the unmistakeable stamp of their origin - such as carved ivory . . . . All those cities [Ant, Annu Menti, Aunti, Aunyt-Seni today called Esneh, Erment, Quoch, and Heliopolis] have the characteristic symbol which serves to denote the name Anu”

--Abbe Emile Amelineau 1850-1916 CE

Hmmmmmmmmm, I need to comprehend part 1 first before part 2 is posted. I would deeply appreciate you taking the time to explain farther. It simply doesn't add up to me or make logical sense and lacks historical accuracy. Perhaps I am missing something vital. Where does this concept come from ??

Thanking you in advance

Love, respect and Peace

Last edited by Blkbutterfly41; 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur-Rahim Khalil View Post
          As Salaamu Alaikum:

This is the beginning of a very profound thread, but before I venture further, from where do you get your information of man's beginnings before time was conceptualized. Is there a written history of his thought processes that you can direct me to? What proof is there that SHE created culture, was the first teacher, and etc. How can it be proven historically, if there is no written or oral history. No one who was there than, is here now. So where did you get this information. I am not doubting you, but I am taught to question everything, and I take nothing at face value. We see evidence of the female or feminine life principle being worshipped, but we can also find evidence of statutes, animals and even rats and snakes being worshipped, and also the male as being worshipped. But all of that evidence is verified after the beginning of time being conceptualized. Before that, there is no evidence, historically. orally or culturally of what took place or which gender were the head honchoes.
          As Salaamu Alaikum: Whew, My sentiments exactly !! I am not saying that he is wrong, but I've never heard of such a concept. ( Historical information seems to be way off tho. No disrespect intended ) I eagerly await for brother Nasheed or Brother Keita to explain farther. Hopefully before part 2 is posted.

Love to all , and peace

Last edited by Blkbutterfly41; 04-19-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Hmmmmm, I was hoping that Brother Keita or Brother Nasheed shared more information in this thread by now.

I've made many mistakes too . Deciphering our history is very difficult as so many others put a lot of energy in hiding our history as well. Peace

Comment

Working...
            X