Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

REPARATIONS.... just how much is this debt???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPARATIONS.... just how much is this debt???

Greetings all,
    I share these videos, sanitized though they are, to share the open admissions about the reality of enslavement, the massive wealth generated by it and the sheer brutality we experienced so we can considered the all aspects of the question "just how big is this debt owed?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1zUG76xE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGGQJZsCog4

Are reparations realistic? Criminals don't usually give their booties back.

Comment

Reparations can be given or taken... its been given to other groups... for us though, I think it would have to be taken.
      Something we should consider though... is reparations only material (i.e dollars and sense)? If the purpose of reparations (repair at the root) is it enough to simply attached a dollar value (sizable though it may be) to the unspeakable evils we endured? What forms would true reparations take? And can the spiritual principle of Ma'at, JUSTICE, be satisfied enough for BALANCE to return to the world without it?

Comment

Originally posted by Akua Maat View Post
        Reparations can be given or taken... its been given to other groups... for us though, I think it would have to be taken.
        Yes i agree, it was taken in the first place.

I also agree with you that reparations don't necessarily mean a dollar amount. There could
        be other ways to restore what was taken if you may. The trouble is in this capitalistic realm
        we live in it will always come down to dollars.

If you speak of taking of course that will be in a physical sense, but many don't realize
        we have to "take" back our spirit as well.

I appreciate you comments on this topic Akua.

Comment

Working...
        X