Announcement

Collapse

Mobile Messinger Chat!

ABIBIFAHODIE! Nubian family and to our newest members. Our mobile chat is back up and running if you would like to Communicate one on one you can.

The green image at the bottom right of the site for the mobile devices is what you looking for just tap the image.

Thanks to everyone support and patience.

Everyone have a peaceful and productive day!
See more
See less

What religion$ are...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What religion$ are...

WHAT RELIGION($) ARE...

3.) ZAKAT/Charity ?

2.) FINANCIAL DONATION$ ?

1.) TITHE$ AND OFFERING$ ?
    CIRCUMSTANCE($)?, CONDITION($)?, SITUATION($)?,
    PROBLEM($)?, CONCERN($)?, NEED($)?, EXPEN$E($)?

Good day Brother, I was hoping that others shared their POV by now. Or that you elaborated on your thoughts farther. I was trying to get the jest and the proper tone of the thread.

But Lets start by defining religion.

Religion :

1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

2. A particular system of faith and worship.

3. A pursuit or interest followed with devotion.

In defining what constitutes religion, I feel we must try to find the bare minimum requirements or ingredients required in order to qualify a belief as specifically “religious”. The first part of the definition can be discarded therefore, since we know of religious such as Hindu Carvaka and Buddhism that contain no deities, expressing anything from indifference to explicit atheism. The second part of the definition brings more obfuscation than elucidation, since we have another nebulous term – “faith”.

Faith ultimately means believing something regardless of tangible evidence. Some would go as far as to say regardless of reason. Others would disagree.

The third part of the definition speaks of a devotional ingredient, which again is a rather vague term, since people can be devoted to almost anything, such as family or a particular cause or even money.

Spirituality is more fitting to most. As its an individual concept between a person and their God, or Gods or there mental perception of an higher being.

As for the CIRCUMSTANCE($)?, CONDITION($)?, SITUATION($)?,

IMHO, Its fitting to any "religion" or perception of faith because of the moral values attached to said," Religion." Most live by said rules of their Faith.
    The 3 most popular Religions or faith systems adhere to the exact same moral codes and have the same origins.

Then why do we have more strife concerning religion ?? And does any religion or faith system meet the needs of their communities ?? Why or why not ??

From where I'm sitting the answer is, No.

And the reason: ( IMHO ) It's NOT because of any individual religion or faith system. It's because of the inner turmoil within the communities and the breakdown of family.

IMHO it must start with Families. If the families are re-building stronger foundations , Then we will have better and stronger communities, thus any religion or faith system will be stronger and so on. Tithes are suppose to support the "church" , "Temple " ( Structure of worship ) And support the people that belong to such an religious establishment in the COMMUNITIES.

Thus real charities must start at HOME. Money can't by higher moral codes, Money can't buy an higher standard of inner living, Money can't buy spirituality.If the people are corrupted, unclean, and have no inner code of conduct, so would ANY religious institution to which they belong. Anyway, My 2 cents. Interesting thread and I hope I shared something worthwhile. I really hope that others shared there POV on the subject as well. As this is one sore topic that we should be able to talk about with time and growth.

Thanks again, With all honor and deepest respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro.Elder Ba'khyr View Post
      WHAT RELIGION($) ARE...

3.) ZAKAT/Charity ?

2.) FINANCIAL DONATION$ ?

1.) TITHE$ AND OFFERING$ ?
      CIRCUMSTANCE($)?, CONDITION($)?, SITUATION($)?,

Deepest respect and honor.....

I hoped by now, that you would've explained in length in this thread. I'm waiting patiently.

Thank you in advance, your sister

Comment

Working...
      X