Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

Embrace Vodoun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embrace Vodoun

Vodoun is an indigenous belief system that goes back to the neolithic Sahara. In studying vodoun I found that nature play a major role and that the vodoun pantheon is very similiar to kemet's. Vodoun has many aspects to such as possession, dimension travel, healing, ressurection ect. Western beliefs have made mockery of vodoun and the concept of alternate realities. We have to reclaim our power! Vodoun cannot certainly solve everything, but it can help in ressurecting black consciousness to a ascending level far beyond the Caucasian.

Peace brotha Ptah, I'd like to know more about Vodoun. When people hear the word Vodoun or Voodoo, they get scared and think its evil. I believe it could be used for evil. But it can also be used for healing. I once was interested in making a voodoo doll, but my kemetic teacher instructed that since we're Kemetic, we make Shabti dolls not Voodoo dolls. So I made a Shabti doll instead. But I personally feel like it wouldn't hurt if I made a voodoo doll as well but maybe I'm wrong. I want to embrace all African customs not just Kemetic ones. I would for you to provide more information about Vodoun when you get a chance. Mer Aa

Comment

Working...
    X