Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions to build a black community

Solutions to build a Black Community!

African Spirituality

“African spirituality” emerging as a new pseudo denomination ultimately an extension of Eurocentric exoticifcation of Africa. We see the loose generalization...

Africa’s History did not start with Slavery

It takes more than a horrifying transatlantic voyage chained in the filthy hold of a slave ship to erase someone’s culture–Maya Angelou

Revolution of Consciousness

Spiritual Connection: Know Thyself!

Spirituality

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirituality

Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;[1] an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the "deepest values and meanings by which people live."[2] Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual's inner life; spiritual experience includes that of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm.[3] Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life.[4] It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality

This is a good question to the community Oba Tariq. Weighing the truth of our history in the balances....what works better for our community...'spirituality...or religiiosity'? And just how much time have we devoted to examining the differences? How would that benefit us (or) prove destructive? Some say that the white man came to our ancestors with the bible in one hand ---and while our eyes were closed to 'prey', he took us and our land with the other. So, my question to the community would be....what say you?

Comment

not to appear flippant or anything, but a sistren, (Sis Soulosphy) once quoted

"Religion is for those who are scared of hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there"

most apt imo :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sekhmet View Post
        not to appear flippant or anything, but a sistren, (Sis Soulosphy) once quoted

"Religion is for those who are scared of hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there"

most apt imo :)

Ha!

I like that!

Comment

Spirituality:To Thine Own Self Be True; sayng what you mean and meaning what you say.

It has been very hard to be true to myself in the eyes of trying to people please and fit in. In attemptig to divorce myself from this culture I AM having some struggles of letting go of past thoughts about past people, and past behaviors. When there is a behavior I need to adopt, I want to run to a past behavior, because the new behavior is uncomfortable and unfamiliar, while the old behavior is not. For example: Saving money is now my new goal. I learned that my emotions are tied to my money. When I AM discouraged, discontented, etc. for any reason, I want to spend money (money that I AM saving). As long as I take two steps forward and not take two steps backward I AM winning. When I AM emotional spending money I AM saving is NOT the solution. I must find another way to give my emotions a healthy outlet.

I found out that my Creator permitted economics to be a resource to help myself and others (the less fortunate: widows, orphans, etc.). One way of being true to myself is to deny myself of wastefulness and anything that is not going to help myself to grow.

I found out too, that I can be double-minded. When I say one thing and do something else, I AM not saying what I mean and meaning what I say, whether verbally or non-verbally. A Book says a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. I m working on that.

I believe in the God of the Universe, which I learned from the Bible in this country. When I was in trouble I called on the name of Yeshua and I was saved. When I pray I pray to my Creator, which is my Sustainer of life, and results come about, especially when I am praying for the welfare of others and myself. I believe in the Creator and Creatress or Mother and Father of the Universe. All my help comes from them whether directly (intuitive thoughts) or indirectly (their favor through people).

Comment

Originally posted by Sis. Elder Shakaryah View Post
            All my help comes from them whether directly (intuitive thoughts) or indirectly (their favor through people).
            Trust I get what you're saying. I see is as all "directly". Now matter the source is comes directly to you/us. I found that all people are extensions of ourselves. I pray as well, I just direct it towards the universe, I see results as well. So I can feel you on that. I know you hit it on the head by mentioning intuitive thoughts but to go a step further as would place intuition as a higher innate intelligence we all own as a force as well.

I feel you on you mental discipline and habits. We all have this internal war especially here in Amerikkka. Keep pushing you've already completed half the battle, don't turn back now. Continue forward and win the war. I need to remind myself of this all the time.

We are doing better than we think we are. With the thoughtfulness you hold, I can see no obstacles stop your accomplishment unless you allow an obstacle to hinder you.
            We are all a (spiritual) force to be reckoned with.

Peace sista.

Comment

It has been very hard to be true to myself in the eyes of trying to people please and fit in.
              Yeabo!

If all of our people could exhibit this degree of strength...then the highway to returning to our right mind would become even more than 'easy', it would become sure. An esteemed Elder once exclaimed to me, that the most difficult element to overcome in our struggles as a race of people, begins with the historical lies surrounding the 'divinity' twisted by pink-toed caucazoids to directly serve their barbaric agenda.

What you have exhibited in the entire above post is absolutely--- nothing more than strength--- and a strength that ought to be embraced by all of our people. I've just been educated!

When I pray I pray to my Creator
              There absolutely is a Creator I believe, but we would simply be foolish to believe that (that Creator) is one that caucazoids would ever promote, given his history and--- we should be strong enough to decide. (hmm...have to be.)

All my help comes from them whether directly (intuitive thoughts) or indirectly (their favor through people).
              ^^ That's a fact! YOU are absolutely on the right track because there is no greater control than for one to control HIMSELF.

Excellent words and I believe, more than timley.

Namaste.

Comment

Originally posted by Sis. Elder Shakaryah View Post
                It has been very hard to be true to myself in the eyes of trying to people please and fit in. In attemptig to divorce myself from this culture I AM having some struggles of letting go of past thoughts about past people, and past behaviors. When there is a behavior I need to adopt, I want to run to a past behavior, because the new behavior is uncomfortable and unfamiliar, while the old behavior is not. For example: Saving money is now my new goal. I learned that my emotions are tied to my money. When I AM discouraged, discontented, etc. for any reason, I want to spend money (money that I AM saving). As long as I take two steps forward and not take two steps backward I AM winning. When I AM emotional spending money I AM saving is NOT the solution. I must find another way to give my emotions a healthy outlet.

I found out that my Creator permitted economics to be a resource to help myself and others (the less fortunate: widows, orphans, etc.). One way of being true to myself is to deny myself of wastefulness and anything that is not going to help myself to grow.

I found out too, that I can be double-minded. When I say one thing and do something else, I AM not saying what I mean and meaning what I say, whether verbally or non-verbally. A Book says a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. I m working on that.

I believe in the God of the Universe, which I learned from the Bible in this country. When I was in trouble I called on the name of Yeshua and I was saved. When I pray I pray to my Creator, which is my Sustainer of life, and results come about, especially when I am praying for the welfare of others and myself. I believe in the Creator and Creatress or Mother and Father of the Universe. All my help comes from them whether directly (intuitive thoughts) or indirectly (their favor through people).
                Sistren thanks for sharing a part of you with us :) We all struggle with this 'push/pull' dillema at some point in our lives, and over a variety of issues, so do not be discouraged sister. Sometimes when times are hard we revert to behaviour that is not condusive to our well-being. and we also know this. That emotional 'behaviour' is our 'comfort zone' yet there is nothing comfortable about it. To change ourselves we must be willing to do the work. No excuses, no but butting. I learned this hard lesson, and am grateful for it enables fluid growth :) To achieve a different result means doing a different 'action'. We can create whatever we Will.

Eye wish you peace and bold walking as you continue on your journey
                Htp

Comment

Working...
                X