Announcement

Collapse

Mobile Phone Issue.

Great Rising AFraka.com family and to our Newest Members.

The issues with uploading pictures on the mobile phone will be fixed.

We truly appreciate your support and patience.

if you have a laptop or desktop you can upload your pictures from there.

And also the friends list it's being repaired on the mobile as well.

We truly appreciate your patience

ABIBIFAHODIE!!
See more
See less

Moussa Mahamat Elected New Chair of African Union

According to international reports Chadís Moussa Faki Mahamat has been elected as the new chairperson of the African Union (AU)....

Afrakan Brothers and Unified thought and Direction

Let us not be our worst enemy!

We're all we've got. This shirt is the embodiment of that sentiment.

The 10 greatest African leaders

Africa has seen many leaders. Some of them have successfully energized their followers and have made a positive impact in their lives.

Here,...

ABIBITUMI DESIGNS: Web and Graphic Design

If you need Web and Graphic Design go to this website.

Black owned and operated.

http://abibitumikasa.com/services-c-44/...

ABIBITUMI DESIGNS: Hosting and Domain Names

If you need design and hosting go to this website.

​​​​​​​http://abibitumikasa.com/services-c-44/...

On a definition of Racism and Racist.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a definition of Racism and Racist.

The following definitions where given by a user in another discussion on another board.. They were offered in defense of a white user..

=================
    • "Racist: a racist person is somebody who hates others who are not of his or her own race.
    • Racism: discrimination or prejudice based on race
    • Discrimination: the treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.
    =================

1st thing.. Racism is not discrimination or prejudice based on race.. though Racism contains discrimination.. and prejudice.. as practical elements.. but Discrimination is discrimination and prejudice is prejudice.. Racism is a system of control enacted by White people for the purpose of maintaining their dominance over non-white people. Let me say that again... Racism is a system of control enacted by White people for the purpose of maintaining their dominance over non-white people. And this dominance is a dominance that has been attained by ruthless and horrific acts of murder, rape, torture, injustice and terror against the men, women and children of the dominated non-white people. I offer the African Holocaust and the outright slaughter of the Native American people as evidence. Racism operates simultaneously on multiple coordinated levels.. on a Civic Level, on Commerce level on a Social level.. etc.. for example,
    on a Civic level racism is enacted through legislation aimed at maintaining the dominance of white citizens over non-white citizens.. This includes the education system.. the judicial system.. policing of communities.. social services.. etc..
    At the Commerce level, Racism is enacted through discriminatory practices with regard to hiring, firing, wages, benefits, etc..
    at the Social level, the system of Racism is enacted through the demonization of black people in the media.. intentional social segregation.. demeaning, debasing language and behavior aimed at black people for the purpose of whites maintaining a comparatively elevated social status.
    That's what Racism is.. and more importantly.. that is what Racism is for. It is a system aimed at a specific objective.. it's not language.. or discrimination.. it's an entire system of oppression.. social, political, economic, judicial, etc.. that is underwritten by unadulterated, horrific and ruthless violence. Context is everyeveryeverything. The definition of Racism that you operate under is the definition that the Dominant group has created for you through their media.. its an abstract definition that can be lifted and dropped on anyone.. on anygroup.. its a definition devoid of any real substance or accountability. It simply floats in the air waiting to be applied.. But actual Racism is a deliberate and organized system of maintaining dominance.. and its codified in law and in cultural practices.. Its not words.. or speech.. or thoughts.. its action. And without dominance, you cannot exercise a system of racism. Its white folks that wish to remove themselves from the equation that favor these very light abstract definitions.. they then point to the abstraction as the culprit.. so Discrimination is bad.. not white folks practicing discrimination.. discrimination itself.. and that leads to the second term.. Racist..

A Racist is a member of the dominant group that actively participates in the execution of the system of Racism and/or directly benefits from the execution of the system of racism. It has very little to do with Hate.. it has to do with context.. with action.. not emotion.. or words.. a person who s black people can still be a racist. The hate part has been refined and codified into the cultural practices of the dominant culture.. its ingrained now.. ground into a fine mist and mixed into the foundation of the cultural institutional practices of the Dominant group.. its the reason why they look down at the more overt racist attitudes and actions of the less refined members of their group.. they are essentially saying to them, "we don't have to do it like than anymore"..

This....this drivel is apoplectic. Such persons exude no less than cognitive atrophy and possess no more than useless grey-matter. And since nothing exist 'new' about such conditions, I see it everyday.

(what's that parable?)

'And some seeds shall fall upon stones'.

Hetepu

Comment

1st thing.. Racism is not discrimination or prejudice based on race.. though Racism contains discrimination.. and prejudice.. as practical elements.. but Discrimination is discrimination and prejudice is prejudice.. Racism is a system of control enacted by White people for the purpose of maintaining their dominance over non-white people. Let me say that again... Racism is a system of control enacted by White people for the purpose of maintaining their dominance over non-white people
      We still shuckin' and jivin' for massa? This person and I mean no disrespect is on medication that has OBVIOUSLY distorted their thought process. They start out by saying racism is NOT discrimination or prejudice based on race. WTF is it based on then? Then they say oh but discrimination and prejudice are "practical elements", MAKE YOUR UP YOUR MIND ALREADY! It always amaze but never ceases to amaze me how people try to define their point and double talk their point to the point, that when they try to expound they end showing that their original point is in question by THEIR OWN STATEMENT. You have to suffer from psychosis to even justify this.
      Racism is a system of control enacted by White people for the purpose of maintaining their dominance over non-white people.
      Um hello, if racism is a system of control, how does that system gain control with prejudice and discrimination AT ITS' CORE?

I could NEVER be around or engaged this person, because he sounds like he would sell me out right to the white man. A chicken george type. There's nothing wrong with loving yourself strongly. I see all these other cultures promoting self , but when we do it, somehow we've been conditioned for it to feel wrong.

BOTTOM LINE IS HE WANTS THE APPROVAL OF WHITE PEOPLE. He doesn't understand the mindset of this gorilla in the midst, The gorilla DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. He also sounds like he has a white woman by his side.

At the Commerce level, Racism is enacted through discriminatory practices with regard to hiring, firing, wages, benefits, etc..
      This boggles my mind, no it's not based on discrimination and prejudice, no it's based on um, um, um, massa what did you tell me to say again?

Comment

It's not racism it's southern pride

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.985611

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	8284

Black college student sparks debate by hanging Confederate flag in dorm room, says 'I know it's kind of weird because I'm black'

Byron Thomas says the flag's real meaning has been hijacked

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A black college student who drew complaints for displaying a Confederate flag in his dorm room window said he sees the banner as a symbol of Southern pride and not racism.

The 19-year-old student at the University of South Carolina Beaufort took the flag down at the university's request, but he said he's considering putting it back up after the officials relented. Byron Thomas has drawn nearly 70,000 views since he posted a video online in which he acknowledges: "I know it's kind of weird because I'm black."

In a telephone interview Thursday, Thomas said a class research project made him come to the belief that the flag's real meaning has been hijacked. He said he wants people to thoughtfully consider issues of race and not just knee-jerk reactions to such symbols.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1fOrIadQ7
        He said he wants people to thoughtfully consider issues of race and not just knee-jerk reactions to such symbols.

I wish someone along the way informed this young man that it's not JUST a knee jerk reaction. He obviously has no idea the toll his ancestors paid (literally) to get him to point where he can even THINK about coming up with this foolishness. He's right there needs to be change which i'm all for but you don't need to adopt your oppressor's symbols to achieve "change".

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritual Evolution View Post
          We still shuckin' and jivin' for massa? This person and I mean no disrespect is on medication that has OBVIOUSLY distorted their thought process. They start out by saying racism is NOT discrimination or prejudice based on race. WTF is it based on then? Then they say oh but discrimination and prejudice are "practical elements", MAKE YOUR UP YOUR MIND ALREADY! It always amaze but never ceases to amaze me how people try to define their point and double talk their point to the point, that when they try to expound they end showing that their original point is in question by THEIR OWN STATEMENT. You have to suffer from psychosis to even justify this. Um hello, if racism is a system of control, how does that system gain control with prejudice and discrimination AT ITS' CORE?

I could NEVER be around or engaged this person, because he sounds like he would sell me out right to the white man. A chicken george type. There's nothing wrong with loving yourself strongly. I see all these other cultures promoting self , but when we do it, somehow we've been conditioned for it to feel wrong.

BOTTOM LINE IS HE WANTS THE APPROVAL OF WHITE PEOPLE. He doesn't understand the mindset of this gorilla in the midst, The gorilla DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. He also sounds like he has a white woman by his side.

This boggles my mind, no it's not based on discrimination and prejudice, no it's based on um, um, um, massa what did you tell me to say again?

I'm going to skip over all the rest of that nonsense you wrote and instead focus on the lone appropriate, logical question, "if racism is a system of control, how does that system gain control with prejudice and discrimination AT ITS' CORE?"

No, racism does not gain control. White people gain control. And the term "Racism" is an umbrella for the organized and systemic methods that white people use to maintain their dominant position over non-white people. And as I said in my original post, the dominance of white people has been attained through ruthless and horrific violence. not by prejudice.. not by discrimination.. by murder, rape, terror, enslavement, etc.. This, as you can see, or maybe you cant, is a more expansive definition for the system of Racism. To say that racism is discrimination is to say that anyone who engages in discrimination is a Racist.. that's untrue. Racists belong to the dominant group only. White people. And Racists work in service to maintaining their dominance. without dominance, there can be no racism. So a black person who wont hire a white person is not a racist. He is a victim of racism and is reacting to his predicament. Now, how the hell this definition warrants all of that heeing and hawwing and massa this and massa that is really beyond me. Because from where I'm sitting, the definitions that you have offered are the same abstract, docile, unaccountable definitions that white folks use to take the focus off of White action and put it on some words instead. So it's Discrimination thats the bad guy.. and predjudice.. My definition says no.. it's white people. And this young man that you have highlighted, more than likely, shares your definition for what racism is.. because if he had mine, there's no way in hell he'd have a confederate flag on his wall because he wouldn't allow the manipulation of language to trick him into taking his eyes off of the true perpetrators of our predicament.. white people.

for real.. yall need to back the hell up and ask some question before you jump down with both feet.. how can you hope to have anykind of substantive dialogue with all of this jumping to conclusions and insulting folks and whatnot.. realtalk.

-peace..

Comment

Um hello, if racism is a system of control, how does that system gain control with prejudice and discrimination AT ITS' CORE?
            i meant to type WITHOUT

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

or real.. yall need to back the hell up and ask some question before you jump down with both feet.. how can you hope to have anykind of substantive dialogue with all of this jumping to conclusions and insulting folks and whatnot.. realtalk.
            Your OP is not the post of the a person defending
            white person, but it's your post? You're the one saying discrimination prejudice are practical elements?

And this young man that you have highlighted, more than likely, shares your definition for what racism is.. because if he had mine, there's no way in hell he'd have a confederate flag on his wall because he wouldn't allow the manipulation of language to trick him into taking his eyes off of the true perpetrators of our predicament.. white people.
            What's your angle man? I know white people are the problem. You don't think i can see that?
            You don't see me defending white people, I could care less what they think.

You say he has the same definition that i have of racism? LOL I'm not the one hanging the flag.

What's the problem?

Another question: Why are you trying to "define" racism" anyway? Either way racism, discrimination, prejudice, white people, we're still f'kd.

This, as you can see, or maybe you cant, is a more expansive definition for the system of Racism.
            Does it really matter? Seriously.

Where are you going with this post?

Comment

i meant to type WITHOUT

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Your OP is not the post of the a person defending
              white person, but it's your post? You're the one saying discrimination prejudice are practical elements?

What's your angle man? I know white people are the problem. You don't think i can see that?
              You don't see me defending white people, I could care less what they think.

You say he has the same definition that i have of racism? LOL I'm not the one hanging the flag.

What's the problem?

Another question: Why are you trying to "define" racism" anyway? Either way racism, discrimination, prejudice, white people, we're still f'kd.

Does it really matter? Seriously.

if it doesn't matter, then why did you even bother to respond? don't answer that.. this sh** is for the birds.. I'm spacing..

-peace..

Comment

To say that racism is discrimination is to say that anyone who engages in discrimination is a Racist.. that's untrue.
                Huh?

See what I mean?

Atrophy.

So, those Chinese, Brazilian, Arab and a laundry list of other ethnicity's that practice discrimination on a daily basis are not racist? That's like saying that is not the water that'll drown you, but the 'wet' that is the executioner. Black Folk don't have no monopoly on racism! And I don't know NO real Black Men that would even want one! Racism is 'endemic' of krakkkas! (but by no means exclusive to'm!) Again YOUR'E absolutely correct Spirit, some things are just psychotic. And from such 'violent episodes' ---I will gladly back the hell up.

Good 'substantive' question Spirit, and one that I would like to know too.

I'm spacing..
                On this I'M confident that WE can all agree....unfortunately I guess now, WE'LL never know.

Roarin's 2 cents, take it, don't take it, no matter, your'e perspective will never influence MY position since, I'M not one subjugated to the need to 'find themselves'.

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.985611

[ATTACH=CONFIG]253[/ATTACH]

Black college student sparks debate by hanging Confederate flag in dorm room, says 'I know it's kind of weird because I'm black'

Byron Thomas says the flag's real meaning has been hijacked

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A black college student who drew complaints for displaying a Confederate flag in his dorm room window said he sees the banner as a symbol of Southern pride and not racism.

The 19-year-old student at the University of South Carolina Beaufort took the flag down at the university's request, but he said he's considering putting it back up after the officials relented. Byron Thomas has drawn nearly 70,000 views since he posted a video online in which he acknowledges: "I know it's kind of weird because I'm black."

In a telephone interview Thursday, Thomas said a class research project made him come to the belief that the flag's real meaning has been hijacked. He said he wants people to thoughtfully consider issues of race and not just knee-jerk reactions to such symbols.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1fOrIadQ7

I wish someone along the way informed this young man that it's not JUST a knee jerk reaction. He obviously has no idea the toll his ancestors paid (literally) to get him to point where he can even THINK about coming up with this foolishness. He's right there needs to be change which i'm all for but you don't need to adopt your oppressor's symbols to achieve "change".

Btw Spirit....excellent (and timely) example of the self-destructive--self- hatred such thought processes espouse.

Comment

Originally posted by skuderjaymes View Post
                  if it doesn't matter, then why did you even bother to respond? don't answer that.. this sh** is for the birds.. I'm spacing..

d
                  -peace..
                  Brother jaymes I'm not the enemy, i'm on your side. I was asking the does the "definition" of racism mean that much in face of where we are as afrikan/black/people of color at the space and time? You failed to answer if discrimination and prejudice as practical elements of racism is YOUR definition. I beginning to realize that everything else after "1st thing" are your words. I was asking for clarification on that. I thought the whole OP was in response to a poster defending a white poster on another site. I didn't realize that the OP is partly your response to the poster defending a white poster. I see that those are your words, just the definition is the other poster.
                  I didn't realize it was you, you were who i was wondering is the poster medication conflicting with their thought process.

My bad if i offended you or bruised your ego. I apologize. I thought the whole OP was by ONE person. With that said, if that IS your definition of racism I disagree with your breakdown. I TOTALLY agree, yes racism is nothing without people, and those people are white people I feel you on that.

My line where you quoted me in an earlier post, should have read. "Um hello, if racism is a system of control, how does that system gain control WITHOUT prejudice and discrimination AT ITS' CORE?

Again I apologize, I see why you mentioned jumping in 2 feet first, but look at how your post was presented. I thought is was ALL one person but apparently it's you and another person.

I'll posed my question again, is the definition of racism that meaningful in face of what we endure daily in this system? You didn't have to get defense, I posed the question because I wanted to understand your angle. That's all brother, not to shoot you down.

I appreciate you more than you realize, and apologize for not understanding your OP in its' totality .

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Originally posted by roarin1 View Post
                  Huh?

See what I mean?

Atrophy.

So, those Chinese, Brazilian, Arab and a laundry list of other ethnicity's that practice discrimination on a daily basis are not racist? That's like saying that is not the water that'll drown you, but the 'wet' that is the executioner. Black Folk don't have no monopoly on racism! And I don't know NO real Black Men that would even want one! Racism is 'endemic' of krakkkas! (but by no means exclusive to'm!) Again YOUR'E absolutely correct Spirit, some things are just psychotic. And from such 'violent episodes' ---I will gladly back the hell up.

Good 'substantive' question Spirit, and one that I would like to know too.

On this I'M confident that WE can all agree....unfortunately I guess now, WE'LL never know.

Roarin's 2 cents, take it, don't take it, no matter, your'e perspective will never influence MY position since, I'M not one subjugated to the need to 'find themselves'.

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Btw Spirit....excellent (and timely) example of the self-destructive--self- hatred such thought processes espouse.
                  Yes i agree
                  So, those Chinese, Brazilian, Arab and a laundry list of other ethnicity's that practice discrimination on a daily basis are not racist?
                  I was just wondering why are we fine tuning the definition of racism, ti's like fine tuning the definition of lung cancer

Comment

I was just wondering why are we fine tuning the definition of racism, ti's like fine tuning the definition of lung cancer
                    Yung Brutha, I couldn't agree more but before I would ever try & 'explain it away'.... I guess some of us just run away....

AMANI

Comment

Originally posted by roarin1 View Post
                      Yung Brutha, I couldn't agree more but before I would ever try & 'explain it away'.... I guess some of us just run away....

AMANI
                      My bad when i quoted your statment
                      So, those Chinese, Brazilian, Arab and a laundry list of other ethnicity's that practice discrimination on a daily basis are not racist?
                      i meant to type I agree 100000%. Yes people that practice this are doing based on race and i agree and stand corrected by you that although whites implement the racist system, racism can be administered by other factions as you so cleary demonstrated.

My comment
                      what not directed towards your comment, it was more of a thinking aloud comment directed at the overall theme of this thread.

thanks for understanding.

Comment

^^^

I'M wit cha Spirit....YOU'RE making good sense.

Hotep.

Comment

Working...
                        X