Announcement

Collapse

Mobile Phone Issue.

Great Rising AFraka.com family and to our Newest Members.

The issues with uploading pictures on the mobile phone will be fixed.

We truly appreciate your support and patience.

if you have a laptop or desktop you can upload your pictures from there.

And also the friends list it's being repaired on the mobile as well.

We truly appreciate your patience

ABIBIFAHODIE!!
See more
See less

Moussa Mahamat Elected New Chair of African Union

According to international reports Chadís Moussa Faki Mahamat has been elected as the new chairperson of the African Union (AU)....

Afrakan Brothers and Unified thought and Direction

Let us not be our worst enemy!

We're all we've got. This shirt is the embodiment of that sentiment.

The 10 greatest African leaders

Africa has seen many leaders. Some of them have successfully energized their followers and have made a positive impact in their lives.

Here,...

ABIBITUMI DESIGNS: Web and Graphic Design

If you need Web and Graphic Design go to this website.

Black owned and operated.

http://abibitumikasa.com/services-c-44/...

ABIBITUMI DESIGNS: Hosting and Domain Names

If you need design and hosting go to this website.

​​​​​​​http://abibitumikasa.com/services-c-44/...

Did integration hinder or hurt African Americans Community?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did integration hinder or hurt African Americans Community?

Afrakan Sisters and Brothers Here is my opinion.

Afrakan People Had STRONG sense of FAMILY and COMMUNITY. Also we supported our own business more. We also had better schools then most poor Europeans. Discipline our children was very important at home and school. There was less divorces in the community. Our community had recreation centers for our young people. Integration has definitely hurt us. We no longer have our own identity as a whole and we are confused people. Until we learn to pull together and work the principles of culture economic and politics nothing will change for us. If you don't know who you are, you don't know where you are going or coming from then you cannot know where you must go. Except our own be yourself Afrakan man and Afrakan women and the flood gates will open for us again.We might now had equal rights but we had much more togetherness in our community. Our education system might have been inferior with the white folks, but we had respect and discipline. THE QUESTION NOW IS: HOW CAN WE CORRECT THE PROBLEMS OF TODAY IN THE AFRAKAN COMMUNITY WITH ALL THE INFORMATION WE HAVE AT OUR DISPOSAL?

I LIKE FOR THIS TO BE A STRONG DISCUSSION BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

Respect and Peace
    Do you think that integration helped African-Americans?
    0%
    Do you think that integration hurt African-Americans?
    100.00%

Greetings Fam

Originally posted by Tariq View Post
    Afrakan Sisters and Brothers Here is my opinion.

Afrakan People Had STRONG sense of FAMILY and COMMUNITY. Also we supported our own business more. We also had better schools then most poor Europeans. Discipline our children was very important at home and school. There was less divorces in the community. Our community had recreation centers for our young people. Integration has definitely hurt us. We no longer have our own identity as a whole and we are confused people. Until we learn to pull together and work the principles of culture economic and politics nothing will change for us. If you don't know who you are, you don't know where you are going or coming from then you cannot know where you must go. Except our own be yourself Afrakan man and Afrakan women and the flood gates will open for us again.We might now had equal rights but we had much more togetherness in our community. Our education system might have been inferior with the white folks, but we had respect and discipline. THE QUESTION NOW IS: HOW CAN WE CORRECT THE PROBLEMS OF TODAY IN THE AFRAKAN COMMUNITY WITH ALL THE INFORMATION WE HAVE AT OUR DISPOSAL?

I LIKE FOR THIS TO BE A STRONG DISCUSSION BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

Respect and Peace
    Integration destroyed the Black Community. Integration separated the educated and skilled from the under-educated and under-skilled. Prior to integration there was no need to say "Buy Black"
    I remember being bused to a white school. While the facilities may have been better, this affected my ability to build a stronger social connection to black people as a group. As a wise brother once pointed out I was very much a lamb going to the wolves to get some of my mother's milk

Comment

Did integration hinder or hurt African Americans Community?
      While "integration" did help some obtain the "dream" they/we were searching for, it destroyed any connection we have for each other in sense of community.

Integration meant you had to lose your "afrakaness" to fit in.

So I think it hurt in the long run.

We can gain the sense of community again. We just have realize and KNOW that we can regain our form.

Comment

In retrospect it has in a myriad of ways. Much of it has to do with what of value that
        we gave up to move 'on the other side' of town.

Comment

Originally posted by RAPTOR View Post
          In retrospect it has in a myriad of ways. Much of it has to do with what of value that
          Great point Brother Raptor
          Much of it has to do with what of value that
          we gave up to move 'on the other side' of town

Comment

Indeed Brother RAPTOR it's good to see in the threads.

Comment

Integration destroyed the Black Community. Integration separated the educated and skilled from the under-educated and under-skilled. Prior to integration there was no need to say „Buy Black”
              I remember being bused to a white school. While the facilities may have been better, this affected my ability to build a stronger social connection to black people as a group. As a wise brother once pointed out I was very much a lamb going to the wolves to get some of my mother's milk
              Brother Rashana totally appreciate your opinion I totally agree with your post and thank you so much brother for being active in the posts.

Comment

I didn't understand the damaged caused by integration until recently. I didn't know that we were starting to thrive in the United Snakes before integration. Because this is not something taught by the European education system. The only person that they constantly shove down the throats of Afrikan children is Martin Luther King and unfortunately I was not brought up in a home that talked about the real revolutionaries. If I knew about the principals of Marcus Garvey (do for ourselves) instead of being brainwashed by an image of a white Jesus, I believe I would have made better choices in my life. With that being said, I feel like it is very important that we as a people strive to build our own schools. Not having a knowledge of self can have damaging effects on one's self-esteem in a white supremacist world.

Comment

I didn't understand the damaged caused by integration until recently. I didn't know that we were starting to thrive in the United Snakes before integration. Because this is not something taught by the European education system.

ABIBIFAHODIE!!
                  my Sister Afro-Unity truly appreciate the response to the thread a lot of people like yourself didn't understand the damage until they became conscious. Now the question is what do we do now to fix this problem one of our issues that we need to work on Unity and building a strong Community. We may have to start on a smaller scale to do this so we hope that's brothers and sisters will share this site with others and let us build a community and unity online and let it grow offline. Again thank you for the strong reply to post.

ABIBIFAHODIE!!

Comment

The only thing we integrated was our money. We never needed anyone but each other and still don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X